TerraFlora

Cdrbuck

1 hour ago, Cdrbuck said:

Where is the new TerraFlora installed?  I cannot find it anywhere in Custom Scenery.  I assumed it's probably located somewhere within Resources, but I don't have a clue where to look.  Mind me, no problems, just curious.

Cdrbuck

Custom Scenery

Found it, thanks.  I was looking for something that started with Orbx and it wasn't there.  It is simply loaded as TerraFloraXP.

As long as I have you, can you simply move a Orbx file i.e. Orbx_A_152_Darrington, from one HD to another HD?  I want to set up two separate X-Planes, each one on a different drive, and was wondering if I can simply move the file from the first installation to the second installation?  Or, do I have to uninstall the file from the original drive and then re-download it to the new drive?

Yes you can move from one to another but remember that if there are any updates then the  location of the original install is the one remembered by Orbx Central.

I have several XP installations but I adopt a different and far less space demanding option. I use one installation as the "mother" installation and then I just symbolic link from the mother install, any files I want in the new install, including the XP .exe. That way I have a completely new bespoke installation but hardly any space demand on the disk. It preserves the original installation location to allow any updates to be downloaded. I can illustrate what I mean via a couple of pics below where you will see for example my Custom Scenery folder in this installation, is comprised only of symbolic linked files from the Mother installation on a different drive. In one pic are just a sample of a few of the symlinked airports and the second pic shows a sample of some of the symlinked Libraries required for some 3rd party freeware airports.

There are several sites showing how easy symbolic linking is done.

Some people will suggest creating a new Library in Orbx Central and migrating, but to me that is moving a set of addons from one location to another which is not what you are wanting to do.

Capture.thumb.JPG.fc4134bcf0a3e61ae8b5f4a4ffa184a2.JPG

1.thumb.JPG.adf8a727b5c10f80933166d6364b0e18.JPG

Archived