Poor Graphicn

Abateg

Hi.

I'm running X Plane 11 vr on Steam with the ORBX  EGBP Sumburgh Airport scenery addon.

This is on a new gaming laptop (OMEN by HP 17-0005na  

Intel® Core™ i7-9750H (2.6 GHz base frequency, up to 4.5 GHz base with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 12 MB cache, 6 cores)

144 Hz 43.9 cm (17.3") diagonal Full-HD IPS anti-glare WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080)

16 GB DDR4 2666Hz memory; 512 GB PCIe SSD; 1 TB HDD storage

NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2060 (6 GB GDDR6 dedicated); ; 4 zone backlit keyboard with macro keys; Thunderbolt port; Wi-Fi 6 AX 200 (2x2)sa

Also a new Oculus rift  s vr head set.

Could anyone tell me if this

set up should be able to run this scenery .

The program runs ok but the graphics are very poor with a shimmer on the complete screen.

If you are running the addon with suitable XZP settings then your hardware should run it OK. Unfortunately you do not indicate what XP settings you are using so no further analysis is available for comment. VR will always be more testing than non VR on the system resources especially graphics.

Hi Jon.

Sorry for the late reply iv been in Hospital. 

I set all the Graphics ( texture, objects, weather, traffic etc ) to minimal and it didn't improve the screen shimmer.

With everything set to maximum I'm getting a frame rate of 35 ft/sec.

When I knock out the VR everything is good at 80 ft/sec.

It's the picture quality/clarity I'm not happy with.

If I set everything to Max I can think of, i may get the very occasional hiccup in the speed but nothing to bother with.

Archived