nVidia Forceware 197.13 WHQL candidate

Mark Abdey

Availible on all platforms here.

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-uk

Please use at own risk. - and report your findings if you do  :)

This is a WHQL-candidate driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, and 300-series desktop GPUs and ION desktop GPUs.

This driver resolves fan speed issues reported with version 196.75 drivers. NVIDIA asks that you remove 196.75 drivers and update to either 196.21 WHQL drivers or to this 197.13 WHQL-candidate driver.

If you currently have 196.75 installed, please first uninstall it before installing 197.13.

New in Version 197.13

* Adds support for Next Generation ION.

* Adds support for GeForce GT 320, GeForce GT 330, and GeForce GT 340.

* Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0129.

* Upgrades HD Audio driver to version 1.0.9.1 (for supported GPUs).

* Increases performance in several PC games from v196.21 WHQL. The following are examples of measured improvements. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:

o Up to 13% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with a single GPU

o Up to 30% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with SLI technology

o Up to 13% performance increase in H.A.W.X with single GPU

o Up to 15% performance increase in H.A.W.X with SLI technology

o Up to 30% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with single GPU

o Up to 28% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with SLI technology

o Up to 100% Performance increase in FSX                                                    ........  ;D  Sorry just kidding

* Adds SLI and multi-GPU support for top new gaming titles including Assassin Creed II, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight, Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City, Mass Effect 2, Napoleon: Total War, and Zombie Driver.

* Enhanced SLI support for Metro 2033, Supreme Commander 2, Unigine, and World of Warcraft.

* Adds override anti-aliasing support for Mass Effect 2.

* Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.

lol, love your addition to the performance increase section.  I do always wonder why none of the games I ever play seem to be that section.

I will say though, the override of AA for ME2 is a nice addition.

lol, love your addition to the performance increase section.  I do always wonder why none of the games I ever play seem to be that section.

I will say though, the override of AA for ME2 is a nice addition.

;)

Sadly my PC is too old to gain much if anything from a driver update, unless something was very wrong.

Anyway, just did a quick test flight, mainly to check compatibility with nHancer and Rivatuner, which both work fine... nHancer applying Combined AA successfully.  Did not spot any issues in a fifteen minute flight.

Guest J van E

Since I got my computer running perfectly now, I will not use any other driver unless everyone on the internet says a specific new drivers does absolute wonders for FSX (meaning an magical increase of 10 or 20 fps or something like that). I don't think that is going to happen though... ;)

Since I got my computer running perfectly now, I will not use any other driver unless everyone on the internet says a specific new drivers does absolute wonders for FSX (meaning an magical increase of 10 or 20 fps or something like that). I don't think that is going to happen though... ;)

Which drivers did you settle on?

Guest J van E

Which drivers did you settle on?

196.21 (if I remember well: can't check it right now). Maybe other drivers are better, but well... never change a winning team...  ;)

Archived