Differance between TrueEarth Uk and TrueEarth Oregan / washinton

My recommendation is to buy the SD versions of Washington and Oregon unless you have a high end PC.  I have both versions as well as GB and found that SD Washington and Oregon have similar frame rates to TrueEarth GB.  With the HD versions I have to reduce the sliders to get usable frame rates, especially in western Washington around Seattle. If you decide you need the HD version after installing the the SD versions, you can upgrade. I was a vocal supporter of the HD versions of Washington and Oregon but have discovered that the SD versions provide a better balance of visuals vs. frame rate on my PCs.

17 hours ago, everyday value said:

Can anyone tell if the Uk TrueEarth are SD HD Res. (which I have), so as I can decide which to buy of the American ones SD or HD

TEGB series are ZL17 HD. There is no plan to make a SD version as far as I know.

The TE Washington and Oregon addons are available in HD or SD. If you buy the HD version, you get the option to to have the SD version free of charge. You can only have one version installed at a time. The HD version is a much larger installation and requires the conversion of jpg to dds to take place whereas the SD version is already shipped in dds format. The SD version will load quicker, allow for higher internal XP graphics settings in general.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived