Can't uninstall SODE, can't remove BASE Pack

I did a reinstall of my sims etc after a hiatus of about a year.

I've been having stability issues since reinstalling Orbx.

I installed P3D v4, no issues. Installed my PMDG planes, all working fine.

Several flights, no issues. 

I then reinstalled all my Orbx products via Orbx Central

Global BASE Pack

Global Trees HD

Global Vector

Global openLC Europe

Global openLC North America

EU England

Orbx Libraries

Orbx ObjetFlow

SODE SimObject Display Engine.

At this point, P3D would load, stop at 'loading terrain' at the 16% mark and crash. 

I'm trying to uninstall all the Orbx products and start off with just the BASE Pack and work from there to see what's causing the issues. 

Two things: 

- Even if I 'uninstall' SODE, when I launch Orbx Central, SODE shows up again as 'installed'. 

I've tried uninstalling SODE then rebooting - SODE still shows up as installed.

- There is no 'uninstall' option for the Global BASE Pack. How do I uninstall this?

Hello,

you should have no need to uninstall the Base pack, it replaced your default textures and will still be there.

You can run Verify files if you wish, it has the same effect.

Similarly, SODE does many other things than Orbx Jetways and you do not need to uninstall it.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough.

This is less a question of 'need to uninstall' - I *want* to uninstall SODE (which keeps mysteriously showing up as 'installed' even after uninstalling it from Orbx Central), and I *want* to uninstall the Base pack. I only started having issues after installing the Orbx products, I want to go back to no Orbx products installed and work from there. 

I was still writing because you had posted a response, I obviously didn't know you were editing it. 

I installed it into the simulator folder. 

So the Base pack can't be uninstalled, but a repair of the P3D scenery module works?

If I then delete the folder(s) the Base pack is in, will that fully remove Orbx from my system?

How do I do a 'scenery module repair'?

I can't believe you offer a product with no way to to a clean uninstall. 

Once you have uninstalled all your other products, delete the Orbx folder and then Global Base

will show as not installed.

The files themselves cannot be removed because the product over writes default files.

A repair will overwrite them and restore the scenery to default.

Thanks, I will try that - but how do I do a 'run a repair of the P3D scenery module'?

Edit - there's a P3D scenery option in the program uninstall menu, but only option is 'uninstall'. However, I am running the 'repair' option for the program itself, which appears to also repair scenery. Will see if that works. 

Archived