EGNM and EGLC 20% Loss in FPS

PMG

I'm a massive fan of Orbx products and have most of their UK airports along with True Earth GB South, Central and North. Purchased EGLC and EGNM and experience a 40% drop in FPS (50fps down to 30fps or lower) at EGNM and EGLC only - whereas don't get this at East Midlands (EGNX), Southampton (EGHI) or Cardiff (EGFF). Why some airports OK and not others? Have got high spec system but struggle at these two airports.

Intel i9-7900X CPU @ 3.30GHZ

32GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GB (drivers updated)

500 GB SSD1

4TB Hard Drive running XP11.36(3.11TB free)

XP11 settings - 

Any ideas? Any help gratefully received.

XP11 Settings.jpg

The 2 airports you mention are  2 of the newer ones that have PBR attributes within. I too struggled with them on my PC specs but after reading the User manual I reduced my Texture Quality setting to High and all is good. The cause of such high fps loss is unknown to me but was recognised I believe during testing and hence a recommendation to adjust the Texture Quality was made.

You will not notice any significant change in viewing detail with the setting on High.but you will notice fps gains.

P.S. Your CPU is letting you down a bit on an otherwise nice high spec PC. I note your World Objects setting (CPU resource hungry) is very low. Is it because your CPU cannot handle higher settings? You are missing such a lot of autogen detail.

Archived