Barely any trees around San Diego

RFlint

Searched the forums and couldn't find anyone else dealing with this.

I'm using KSAN v2 with SCA, global, and vector.

If I uninstall KSAN and just use SCA, the area looks nice; rich with autogen and vegetation. Reinstalling KSAN gives a barren look to the surrounding area. The airport and immediate surroundings looks fine. The problem is localized to this area -- some trees here and there, but very few. No palms outside of the immediate airport grounds.

Is there a particular file or files I should check? Any other suggestions?

• 4 months later...

Hi Doug,

Here are a couple of screenshots from the western side of KSAN.

The first one is looking NNE toward KMYF. Plenty of autogen, but essentially no vegetation in sight until you get closeer to KMYF.

The second image is looking SW to Point Loma. There are a few trees by the naval base in the foreground, but beyond that it's barren.

Still the same issue as back in September. Vegetation is fine everywhere else and even in San Diego if I uninstall KSAN. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times. Not sure what else to try.

Prepar3D 2020-02-18 21-50-45.png

Prepar3D 2020-02-18 21-51-35.png

Okay, I did as you suggested. Verified files for all global products, LC products, SoCal, and KSAN. I've also run the sync a couple of times. I even completely rebuilt a new terrain.cfg. Still pretty barren vegetation-wise around KSAN in comparison to the rest of the world.

This is not a huge problem and only apparent when I'm flying in or out of KSAN during the day, but it would be great to get it worked out. I'm sure I tried it already, but maybe it's as simple as the vegetation slider being turned up a notch. Beyond that I'm not sure what else to try. I did have LatinVFR's KSAN installed a while back -- it's actually still installed, but disabled in the library. Maybe there's still a file somewhere that's creating a conflict. I'll keep hunting.

Ya, I don't see very much vegetation either and all my Scenery Object settings are maxed out. I think this is normal for this area, because when I compare mine to google earth they look the same to me.

Maybe try the Image Sharpening feature in your NVidia control panel.

KSAN.PNG

KSAN 1.PNG

Image Sharpening.PNG

Archived