Night textures during the day

rossg123

Hello,

I've just done a completely fresh install of my sim and all my addons. I installed BASE pack first then OpenLC North America And OpenLC Europe, to find that there are night textures mixed in with the day textures (see photos below). I've installed them all to my main library. I've also verified files for both with no issues. I've tried moving them up the order in the scenery library with no success. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Ross

2019-9-15_21-28-58-952.jpg

2019-9-15_21-47-4-291.jpg

I'm seeing the same issue NE of LOWI. I have narrowed it down to the cvx_300_FTX_EU_GES_LCpoly_5115.BGL file located in Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_GES_06_CVX\scenery. If I disable that file, the black (nighttime) textures do not show. Although you can't see it in this pic, other areas nearby show some nighttime lights in the black areas. Here is a pic with the file enabled:

Enabled.thumb.jpg.b6a587882217a9a406809b6560edba08.jpg

And when disabled:

Disabled.thumb.jpg.0e87321c07de53f12827968185c5bbde.jpg

I have redownloaded the GES region, but the problem remains. LOWI is higher than GES.

Randy

Edit:

Here's the location

Lat N47° 26.74'

lon E 11° 36.53'

Alt 11423 Ft MSL

Mag 355°

Solved, for me. I decided to disable Orbx LOWI and re-enable the CVX file in Germany South. I noticed that the black/nighttime textures were gone. I sort of expected this since I thought it was some conflict between the GES region and LOWI anyway. But, I decided to delete the LOWI folder (and txt file in Versions) and let FTX Central re-download the files. I then used the LOWI Control Panel to select the FTX Germany South Mode, and it worked.

One thing I realized is that when I was selecting either Control Panel option (before the re-download), while I could select the radio button, and closing the LOWI Control Panel (which is supposed to save changes) the next time I opened the Control Panel, neither radio button was selected (I should have given this more scrutiny). Once I did the re-download, upon opening the Control Panel, I could see the FTX Global Mode showed selected. Switching it to FTX GES Mode, closing and re-opening the Control Panel showed FTX GES Mode still selected. So there must have been some corruption in the LOWI folder.

Not sure if this helps the OP, but perhaps someone else will benefit.

Randy

I have seen this as well. I just updated Base (20190918), and after that I am seeing night textures in the desert southwest near water features.  I am running P3DV4.5HF1,  NA LC, Vector and Building..  Base is still installed in P3D folder, all other ORBX in a library.  

I got rid of it by uninstalling and reinstalling my Orbx Base and N/A LC and Vector products...

I just checked and they came back again!

ARRRRGHHH!!!

Must be something with a recent Orbx update or bc I just installed Honolulu that caused the issue to reappear!

2019-9-18_14-26-21-493.jpg

I've noticed that uninstalling does not remove the files (at least with FTX Central 3). More importantly, I think the issue with LOWI and the night textures was related to the Control Panel creating duplicate BGL files (or not checking for them) when disabling a BGL by adding the .off extension. I saved my original installation for LOWI (the FTX_AA_LOWI folder) and compared it to the now working version (from the reinstall). You can see the duplicate files (if you can read it), one with the original BGL extension, one with .off added. No wonder I was getting those issues since the BGLs were still active:

LOWIDuplicates.thumb.jpg.887c44a2628ca7987ecede9b85c5e29e.jpg

Might be worth looking into if you have an area with nighttime textures getting swapped in. It's possible that it happened when reinstalling the airport (in my case) while the BGLs were turned off, thus downloading a duplicate which could not be turned off by the Control Panel as the .off versions already existed!

A few months back I also had the black areas at one of the airports near KVPS and I reinstalled the openLC North America to sort it out.

Randy

So, after I posted that last sentence, I decided to have a look at that area again (it was KHRT) and those black textures are back (just like @Kilo60)!!  In fact different textures get swapped into the area as I'm flying around it:

KHRT.thumb.jpg.a67e02736d873d9e4ed3da49c9078e16.jpg

This is frustrating. I'll see if the previous 'fix' works.

Randy

12 hours ago, RRVyper said:

I reinstalled openLC NA and verified the OrbxLibs and it seems to be fixed, but for how long...

KHRTfixed.thumb.jpg.812e9c04d0f698e07705698c750047a9.jpg

Sigh.

Randy

Looks like the same default area as mine the airport right beside EGLIN AFB in Florida...

Funny thing is there are no addon airports that I’ve installed anywhere near this area and if I see it here I get those tiles in various locations all around the globe!

Yeah. Same area. I don't normally fly here so if the textures/layers? get messed up, it's awhile before I notice. In the areas I normally fly, I haven't seen this, except with the LOWI issue above. I suspect that it's related to updating P3D to the next point release which Orbx has trouble with. I always update the Scenery, just in case there are updates in there, but it shouldn't touch the Orbx folder. And then I follow Elaine's instructions for re-synching Orbx.

Randy

On 9/16/2019 at 5:18 PM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Ross, welcome to the forums

To install your products, are you using the newest app called "Orbx Central" or the previous app called "FTX Central"?

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the delay I've been on holiday.

I'm using the latest "Orbx Central" as the installer. One thing that has been re-occurring is the download within the installer for the OpenLC regions has paused at the last few kb's and stays stuck there until I restart the installer, and then they finish the download and start installing. Then I tried downloading them off the ORBX website as packages and then installing via "Orbx central" with no issues until I open my sim (see pictures below). 

Now the textures appear under default runway textures. I had no issues like this with the old "FTX central", any chance I can download that one somewhere if there is no fix for this? 

Cheers,

Ross

2019-9-18_12-7-50-464.jpg

2019-9-18_12-9-43-392.jpg

Bump for fix request from ORBX...!

The fix needs to be a sticky until ORBX can squash this reoccurring bug!

You have to completely delete the effected LC and reinstall.

However, it's been reported a full delete from ORBX/FTX Central leaves behind several files in the LC Folder that have to be found and manually deleted.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the NA LC 3 times and finally fixed it.

The problem is that any change or update to the LM scenery causes the issue to reappear again and again ad nauseum...

The easiest way for me to test is to fire up the default EGLIN Airport and fly to the other airport to the right along the shore when taking off over the water...

Every time this issue reappears this area is always effected.

Not sure about the Europe LC cause I don't fly in Europe currently so I haven't checked there in awhile.

• 10 months later...

Archived