Various Wisconsin Lakes

Sabretooth78

I've found two locations along the Wisconsin River in Wisconsin, USA with missing vector water bodies.  For the most part they appear to be lakes and wider sections of rivers.

The following are a screen captures from SBX Builder with the 2316 and 2416 Waterbodies files imported and OpenStreetMap imagery in the background (I figured these convey the situation better than P3D captures).  Basically, anything that isn't pink and/or black outline is missing.

One is near 67WI Murmuring Springs (somewhat NW of Wisconsin Dells); the whole of Castle Rock Lake is missing:

Google link: https://goo.gl/maps/QWQp6F72bLiwkfAZA

67WI.png.a1da3bb57bdd227b0bd36880435b846b.png

The other is near KSTE, Stevens Point:

Google link: https://goo.gl/maps/fz9LuV8hfmyXYfzE9

KSTE.png.70405c66dd39080a83d2435d4493bc4e.png

I happened to find the missing polygons around Stevens Point by chance while trying to diagnose the missing Castle Rock Lake, which I had originally discovered by overflying the obviously discontinuous river - so I have little doubt there are (perhaps many) more instances.  These could, in theory, be fixed fairly easily manually as there appears to be no existing data (so no excludes would be needed) and I may even attempt to do some myself eventually.  But they're definitely worth noting in hopes of an official fix. 

• 2 months later...

I was motivated enough to add the 4 larger lakes along the Wisconsin River shown above as well as a handful of other smaller water bodies in the immediate area.

Place the attached files somewhere above the Vector entries in the scenery library.  The waterclass files are optional, they just remove some of the muddy water from the area around Castle Rock Lake, otherwise you'll have an unrealistic "meeting of the waters" running down the middle of the lake.

As usual, the new shorelines (FSX/P3D default gray) don't match the style of the ORBX shorelines (greenish) and there's nothing I can do about that - small price to pay.  If you notice any shorelines missing, or any other problems, let me know.  I think I caught everything, but you never really do know.

scenery.zip

Archived