Question about textures & airport background

gsnde

I reinstalled P3Dv4.5 completely.

Then I installed my OrbX products (Global Base, all openLC, Buildings, Trees , all regions and Ultimate (no Vector))

The screenshot shows the island Fehmarn (Germany North). I am pretty sure that the settlements labeled as 1 and 2 are not supposed to look like that, correct?

Is that an error by some configuration fault of mine?

The airport background (default ADE) labeled as 3 looks somehow weird, more greyish than greenish. Has anybody a clue where this might be coming from? The reason I ask is that this changed after I have installed the OrbX palette.

The location is:

LAT: N54° 29.23' LON: E11° 11.54'

Many thanks

Martin

orbx2.thumb.jpg.f20939d0f104384a9330678121dabed3.jpg

Hi Nick.

the airport you see is designed by myself. I was just wondering about the weird colour.

The main question here is the settlement textures that you see with the red circle around. Do you see them as well?

I found it out myself (both questions). For reasons unknown the Orbx component load order was completely randomly spread all over the place.

My only idea would be that I did something fundamentally wrong with Lorby's Addon Manager

Looks great again

What I did:

Removed P3Dv4.5

Deleted all %appdata% and %programdata% traces of LM

Reinstalled and started P3Dv4.5

Installed FSUIPC, started P3Dv4.5

Installed SODE, started P3Dv4.5

Installed SuperTrafficBoard started P3Dv4.5

Installed AICarrier started P3Dv4.5

Added via P3Dv4 Scenery Manager FS Global Ultimate

Added via P3Dv4 Scenery Manager above mentioned airport

Started P3Dv4.5

--> check airport background green, normal textures

Started OrbX Central

Installed OrbX Libray and OrbX Globa Base Pack (into simulator)

Started P3Dv4.5

--> check airport background green, normal textures

From the loading time I could tell that all the rest of OrbX was not loaded. So went into Central and executed "Sync Simulator"

Started P3Dv4.5

Confirmed some dozen OrbX Addon Load Request

--> check airport background greyish, extures show settlement like in my screenshot above.

1. Is it safe to assume that this is not the influence of any other addon since none is installed?

2. If somebody with Global and Germany North looks at that position - does it look like in my screenshot?

3. Is it supposed to have that settlement texture popping up in the fields like shown above?

I just remembered about the experimental feature with advanced layering. I have enabled that now. Restarted P3Dv4.5, same result.

Orbx-1.jpg

Orbx-2.jpg

Orbx-3.jpg

Orbx-4.jpg

Orbx-5.jpg

Orbx-6.jpg

Thanks Nick, cross-posting.

So is it supposed to look like this? Or do you think that is not looking right?

And does the order of the OrbX parts make sense?

And any suggestion what causes the aircraft background color change?

1. Scenery ordering

I take it if I set the insertion point below any given entry, then every OrbX entry is supposed to stay below that point, right? If that is the case, then something is not working correctly. I set the point below "Military Object Libraries". But as you can see in above screen shots, 14 OrbX entries are listed above that.

Orbx-9.thumb.jpg.38fc18d3dbcc9f98669b64938ebf2086.jpg

2. Fehmarn

This is how it looks after removing Germany North (so with Global and openLC Europe only). The airport background is now showing the expecteed color.

The whole island looks much better with Germany North activated - no surprise here... :)

I checked two airports in the southern part of Germany - they show the same greyish background as in the North. So this might be something specific to the two German packages.

Could you please support me how to get the normal background with Germany North and South activated?

Orbx-7.jpg

Archived