True Earth Oregon & Flightbeam KPDX

RobW05

Hi, does somebody have both products and can confirm they are working together? My problem is that KPDX is not shown, I only see an orthophoto where the airport buildings and textures should be. 

When I disable TE Oregon in the scenery_packs.ini then KPDX is shown correctly.

Scenery order is also correct, I have KPDX above global airports and TE Oregon below global airports. 

This is really puzzling me as I am no newbie to xplane and I'm familiar with scenery_packs.ini and scenery order in general. 

What am I missing? Thanks in advance for any hint! :)

4 minutes ago, RobW05 said:

Hi, does somebody have both products and can confirm they are working together? My problem is that KPDX is not shown, I only see an orthophoto where the airport buildings and textures should be. 

When I disable TE Oregon in the scenery_packs.ini then KPDX is shown correctly.

Scenery order is also correct, I have KPDX above global airports and TE Oregon below global airports. 

This is really puzzling me as I am no newbie to xplane and I'm familiar with scenery_packs.ini and scenery order in general. 

What am I missing? Thanks in advance for any hint! :)

Flightbeam state that KPDX is designed to fit seamlessly with Orbx TE Oregon so it is strange you are having issues.

You say you are very familiar with the payering of the scenry_pack.ini, but ask if you want me to also take a look. If so attach it and I will review it. I cannot think off the top of my head what is causing the issue, except it is evident that either KPDX install is incomplete OR KPDX full features are being masked by something in your Custom Scenery and via the scenery_packs.ini.

3 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

Flightbeam state that KPDX is designed to fit seamlessly with Orbx TE Oregon so it is strange you are having issues.

You say you are very familiar with the payering of the scenry_pack.ini, but ask if you want me to also take a look. If so attach it and I will review it. I cannot think off the top of my head what is causing the issue, except it is evident that either KPDX install is incomplete OR KPDX full features are being masked by something in your Custom Scenery and via the scenery_packs.ini.

Thank you Jon for offering your help!

Now I just restarted my PC to upload the scenery_packs.ini and fired up xplane one last time to check and all off a sudden the problem is gone and KPDX loaded fine on top of TE Oregon.

Sorry having wasted your time. :)

I can only imagine that maybe restarting the PC did something with KPDX, otherwise I really don´t know what was wrong.

So, thanks again and have a great day!

FWIW, I purchased and installed Flightbeam KPDX today. I already have OR and WA TE installed (HD). I had a similar issue with FB KPDX - ortho but no buildings. I checked my scenery ini file and it looked fine. I closed xp11, fired up Flightbeams manager and logged out and back in - then restarted xp11. It worked fine after that. 

Not sure if if it was an activation issue, or just needed the restart. Maybe this will help others.

Thanks for reporting! I don't recall if I re-started the flightbeam manager, but it may have very well been an activation issue. 

Anyway, it's been working since then. 

But it seems the combination of Flightbeam KPDX and TE Oregon really brings my machine to its knees. Very frame rate heavy. :D

Archived