Black night texture tiles near airport!

Kilo60

Having same issue Near Eglin Airport flying over KHRT....  Orbx Global and Vector and Vector N/A installed... P3Dv4.

When I fly closely over the black tiles they are actually night textures with lights...

42C5EED1-27B3-4ACC-9768-670386EA4721.jpeg

Your transaction ID / receipt number is Ordered 5d5c3102ae87e.

So far reinstall of Global Base and Vector has not resolved the issue.

Also "Verified" all files successfully and have turned of (Winter) Frozen Water feature...

Is this just a known problem to this specific area?

Hi

I am afraid you will probably need to use the new Orbx Central to uninstall your products, then reinstall them and be sure to install them into the sim root folder and not a library....a few issues have been identified that do not allow these default texture replacement products to work via the .xml method.

If this does not work, you can uninstall them again, but this time use the previous app called FTX Central 3 to install them and then follow the below process. I have attached the FTXC3 installer for this purpose. 

If you install FTXC3, please then apply the below basics.

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.
Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.
Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option in FTXC3 settings.

ftxcentral3_installer.exe

Ok got it resolved.

I had originally just reinstalled Orbx NA LC by deleting the corresponding .txt file in the documents folder and still had the black night tiles showing through.

Did a complete Uninstall and Reinstall of the NA LC and I’m glad to report the problem went away completely.

• 4 weeks later...

The fix needs to be a sticky until ORBX can squash this reoccurring bug!

You have to completely delete the effected LC and reinstall.

However, it's been reported a full delete from ORBX/FTX Central leaves behind several files in the LC Folder that have to be found and manually deleted.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the NA LC 3 times and finally fixed it.

The problem is that any change or update to the LM scenery causes the issue to reappear again and again ad nauseum...

The easiest way for me to test is to fire up the default EGLIN Airport and fly to the other airport to the right along the shore when taking off over the water...

Every time this issue reappears this area is always effected.

Not sure about the Europe LC cause I don't fly in Europe currently so I haven't checked there in awhile.

Archived