This is for the Developers.

Dadtom65

Hi guys. Just been trying to check out what the next True Earth Scenery will be covering in America and being British not a clue. Have been looking on Google Maps, and I must admit I haven’t a clue about developing scenery but my thoughts are would it not be better and maybe cheaper for you and for us to say just start at the top of the America’s states and work your way across the top with each state and then working your way down. Mean John has already stated that after Southern California has been done that they will start on the East coast which will mean again as in FSX and P3D the middle section might never get done. I know you can not please all of the people as a lot will be wanting Europe to be covered as well. I’m not moaning or anything and I think Orbx are doing a great job as it is and long may you keep up the good work. Plus I hope I live long enough to enjoy it all. Just my  thoughts. Derek.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2019 at 5:55 PM, Dadtom65 said:

Ok not for just the developers then, anybody what do you think. Derek.

I don't think it's as simple for OrbX just to pick and choose whichever area of scenery they fancy trying. From what I understand, they have to spend a lot of money purchasing the rights to data to enable them to use that data to create their TE scenery packages. Some areas charge extortionate fees for the data, other areas less so. For example, I think they said that the Vancouver area will not be developed in TE at any time soon because of the very high fees charged for that particular area. Basically, OrbX's profits would be marginal at best.

I don't know exactly how it all works and the ins and outs of how the scenery is created, but my points above are the gist of the problems that they have (contractually speaking).

Archived