Effects and sound files and files in P3D/Scenery/World/Scenery

Operating system:  WIN10

Simulator:  P3D 4.4

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

I see that in my migrated libraries (new location) the airports have effects libraries and in the P3D/Effects are the same files having ORBX in the file name. Is it safe to delete the files in the P3D root effects library?

In P3D root Sound library are a lot of ORBX sound files, can they be deleted?

Also in P3D/Scenery/World/Scenery there are lots of files like ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZQN_elevation_adjustment.BGL can they be deleted?

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Ok, it seems that ORBX doesn´t have an answer to my questions, so I spent a few hours experimenting/testing.

I made a clean, new 2nd, install of my P3D v4.5 (to one of my other harddisks) and after that I installed some of my ORBX scenerys and this is what I noticed.

1. New ORBXCentral does NOT place any sound/effects files in the P3D sound/effects libraries.

Conclusion: It seems, all ORBX files can be deleted from P3D sound/effects libraries.

2. New ORBXCentral does NOT place any ???_elevation_adjustment.BGL files in P3D/Scenery/World/Scenery.  

Conclusion: It seems all ORBX, like ???_elevation_adjustment.BGL files can be deleted from P3D/Scenery/World/Scenery 

3. BEFORE I started experimenting I made a backup of all ORBX sound/effects/???_elevation_adjustment.BGL files. Started the sim and tested a few ORBX airfiels and                could NOT notice anything unusual. 

PLEASE don´t "kill" me if you delete the above mentioned files and you sim acts strange. It worked with my sim but I can NOT give you any guarantees that it will work for you, so you are on your own.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Archived