error in gb south

doeke

I am rather new to xp11 and after reading the error which came up during starting up x-plane 11 it shows in the forum that I have to verify files.

I have done this twice but still cannot get in the simulator.

Also downloaded again and use the resync. lookup if scenery ini is correct.

so at the end there were 11880 files instead of what was mentioned in the thread 12098.

so is there someone who could inform me what to do?

doeke

Yes thats what I mentioned and I followed that instruction but it wont work.

downloaded last night via manual from the orbx direct but it says extracted 11883 and 11880 converted but after resync it is still the same. cannot getin xplane due to the blue infromation with understood and then it disappear

the c drive is a ssd 237 gb this one was used by fsx for 190 gb incl orbx but as you know I skipped that.

now there is 120 gb availeble. that was not enough for xpl11 incl orbx so thats the reason i put that one on the d-drive.

The downloads go direct to the D drive where xplane is and the custem scenery.

I have the manual download for gb south downloaded in the download file on the c drive

as soon as everything was loaded I went to orbx central called gb south and push the download button and it apepears in custum scenery which is in the d drive

i dont know if this is what you asked.

C:\Users\doebr\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx\temp

SIZE236 B
EditClear

Backups

Central automatically saves and uses backups to save you time when installing products. Choose a location or set a maximum size of the backup directory.

Automatically backup product install files

ok I start again and installed all 3 areas GB including libraries.

it went to D drive orbx install map but the same story got the message be advised.

then I did the verify with GB south and resync but same story.

Info after verify was extracted 11883 and converted 23766/11880

the info be advised was 

custom scenery/orbx_C_GB_south_true earth_orthos/terrain/

ab90x10000x17.ter and the same again with 17.dds at the end

Hello,

try the verify files again please then see if there are more files and that those files are converted.

It is always the .dds files that are missing.

Unless the .ter files are actually there, they cannot report that the .dds is missing and of course cannot

report that they themselves are missing.

Hello,

if you have followed all the steps in the troubleshooting topic, then the product should be installed.

Can you show me the file count for your textures folder and then look inside and tell me what files are there and how many of each please?

There should be 224 .png files, all the others should be .DDS files and there should be 12098 in total

I gave it a second thought but came to the conclusion that it wont work between my flightsims and orbx.

Always problems how much I had patience with it.

In my opinion they are not a professional scenery builder.

There are always problems so they had lost a good  customer and I will wait for maybe the new MS flightsim next year.

Sorry to say but this will be an endless road.

thanks for your attension and help.

By by

Doeke

I have the same problem (see attached screenshot) with the Great Britain South Demo and X-Plane 11. I have only drive C (SSD) on my laptop and 377 GB free. I verified files many times. What can I do? By the way - other two free scenery (ENHA and ENOV) work perfect. 

Zrzut ekranu (1).png

Archived