Orbx Central - multiple issues after upgrade and migration

The upgrade to Orbx Central went well and I migrated all of my products to a new main library, also without problems.

However all my settings from FTX Central were not carried over and I have had to do the insertion point once again, particularly all the FTX Vector settings..

The end result is that my scenery.cfg order of scenery is totally messed up with some items that cannot be edited or moved.

Loading the sim creates many errors with scenery not found (only Orbx items). 

A sample few of the 53 (fifty-three) errors are as follows:

image.png.4e250b5268ecd82bcbd6c451072afa9a.pngimage.png.86691c023936d91fd6620155c858322e.png

image.png.329b99bcae0d8f5a49b875af271f3586.pngimage.png.cfdf9e90d6713c350b6f16e3dca7c035.png

Image of part of the scenery in P3D V4.5 showing unordered items.

image.png.da7c4c3943cfca03ef5a0b4cbf53b5f9.png

Those scenery items with the selection highlighted cannot be moved or edited in the sim.

Also after the upgrade the old Lights Configurator is there but unnecessary as it's now in the Global Base. Do I uninstall the old one at the bottom of the screen in Orbx Central?

I think I only have one word - HELP!

Thanks

Ray

Further information.

Using the Lorby Addon Organiser I can see duplicate entries for Orbx entities at different layers. I'm assuming that the library migration process has created additional entries.

Example index entries for Barcelona

image.png.34029b35d02fa4f07d2317466233fca2.pngimage.png.7765482d18ba1d377072aaf89f736782.png

image.png.887441ab1306f786ad383ea53b15de59.pngimage.png.d529ad5e9b31d772c2fbeaa1668dcafc.png

The one on the left is showing as an addon xml whilst the right is shown as a scenery config item (non-xml)

Also attached is a list of all the load errors and central.log.

Please advise of next steps.

Ray

Windows 10 64 bit

P3D v4.5

ORBX SCENERY LOAD ERRORS.xlsx central.log

Hi!

On 8/10/2019 at 4:00 AM, Ray Smith said:

Those scenery items with the selection highlighted cannot be moved or edited in the sim.

Add-on.xml layers can't be manipulated by the scenery library like scenery.cfg entries. Those entries at the top can be safely left there. These leftover entries will be removed in future product updates.

On 8/10/2019 at 4:00 AM, Ray Smith said:

A sample few of the 53 (fifty-three) errors are as follows:

If you have any duplicate scenery that you have successfully migrated to libraries, you can remove these scenery.cfg entries and the corresponding folders in the P3D directory. You can then try running 'Sync Simulator' which can be found in Orbx Central under Settings/Help which should clear up the duplicates.

I've now deleted the areas which reported by P3D v4 and performed the "Sync Simulator" as recommended above. Scenery order all over the place in P3D.

Insertion point in Central gives top of scenery as the only option (I have the latest version of Central - 4.0.10). I used to have the insertion point after the last scenery item and can't do that anymore. I am seeing all the individual items for e.g. Netherlands TE and a single line address in addition.

Fails to sync.

Attached is Central log file.

Ray

central_log.txt

Attached are the scenery config files found for P3DV4 at the locations below.

%AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

There isn't one in the %LocalAppData%/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v  location.

Please note that I have just purchased EGLC. The purchasing process had problems of screens not displaying and after the purchase the install through Central is not working. The process hangs in the install process.

Having a rough time at the moment with Orbx and wonder what's the best course of action - whether to remove all Orbx products and start again or wait for a solution from you?

scenery.cfg scenery.cfg

•  
  •  
  • Members
  • 13 posts

As this problem has been with me for some time I bit the bullet and uninstalled all Orbx products making sure that there were no references to ORBX in the scenery config files.

I then did a re-install of all the Orbx products. This did not fix my problem and in certain respects was worse.

So I organised the scenery using Lorby Addon Manager and now, at last, I am able to fly. The scenery order is not perfect but it's working for now.

It would be good if Orbx can properly sort this issue out for me.

Attached are the updated scenery config files found for P3DV4 at the locations below.

%AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

This has been and issue for me since 9th August and we are now into September and I haven't got a fix yet.

Please, provide me with support and a solution to fix these problems.

scenery.cfg scenery.cfg

Hello,

the scenery.cfg file on the left looks to be in order but only Orbx Global Base is installed, not even the Orbx Libraries.

Naturally it also includes an extensive collection of other developers' scenery.

The scenery.cfg file on the right is corrupt, with an empty entry below Default Terrain.

You should not have a scenery.cfg file of any description in

AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4, so please delete it.

Archived