Scenery Won't Stay Installed

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 10 1903 v18362.267

Simulator:  XPlane-11 v11.353

Screenshot:  Attached

Issue:  Installed libraries and LOWI along with USMV Monument valley. Return to FTX Central the next day, items show they are not installed. This is a repeatable process.

Let me know what else I can provide to better diagnose this issue.

Thank you for your support.

ProductLibrary.png

central.log

Mitchell,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The scenery is in fact in X-Plane despite the fact it doesn't show as installed in the app. I looked at the log file as well and saw the same thing, however I assure you I installed several airports and the libraries more than once, yet the log file shows different.

I removed everthing from X-Plane, custom scenery, symbolic links, etc. Restarted FTX Central from scratch, created a new library and it seems to work now. Not sure it was a glitch. During that process both the app and X-Plane updated for v4.02 and 11.35 respectively. Perhaps it causes a cross-connection somewhere.

In any event it seems to be functioning now. Thank you again for your assistance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I wanted to expand on this issue as I have discovered the problem. I recently installed Prepar3D and installed some scenery. Every once in a while when starting Central the scenery I installed to the library would not show as installed and the addons have disappeared from Prepar3D. If I removed the library, create a new one and reinstall the scenery it would stay as 'installed' for a few times that I check Central. Eventually it disappears and asked me to install it again.

It appears your software relies on the case sensitivity of the folder and/or files, doesn't it? I noticed this when my utility unifies the cases of my folders and files for readability purposes. When that happens Central does not seem to find the folder and/or file it's looking for even though it still physically exists in the same folder structure the library was created with.

I make a copy of the library and tested this theory and restored the library back to it's original folder and file casing structure and Central recognized the scenery that was originaly installed.

So I'm going to guess that the software relies on case sensitivity. Can you confirm that?

Hello Michael,

I tested this and changing the case of the file names makes no difference at all.

Changing or adding or taking away one character or removing one space in the library folder name does indeed

make the folder invisible to Orbx Central and all the products in it show as not installed.

Logically, your utility must be changing the folder name rather than just the case of the letters in it.

Nick/Mitchel,

Thanks for getting back to me. The folder is "p3dv4", if the "P" for example is capitalized, Central will detect that the scenery in the library is not installed.

Again, not a problem for me, but just happened to notice this behavior after the utility runs.

Nick - Thanks for the vote of confidence on my programming skills :). My utility does not change the actual filenames (been doing this kind of work since punch cards were used to load into IBM mainframes).

In any event, I ignored that folder so it won't be an issue, just thought perhaps the software looking at the folder with a hard-coded value which would cause an issue if the case was altered.

No worries guys and thanks for your help and insight. I appreciate it.

Nick,

Thanks for the information. I didn't take offense to your question, believe me. I generally go under the assumption it's my fault somewhere, and I guess since this is localized to my machine, only proves your point. I'll just leave things as they are since it is functioning as intended.

Thanks again to the both of you. Great service as usual.

If you wish, you can close this topic.

Archived