Error occurred while trying to sychronise

Britjet

Hi

the new Central looks great but I have an issue with it unfortunately.

I am getting the above error message "synchronisng" etc as above

Firstly, It seems that I am unable to assign a chosen folder for the ORBX Library - after an attempt at editing the location I get the above message.

The RED synchronise error box message that appears  contains the text......     [object Object].

Secondly, The updater seems to halt on updating ORBX base and when I try to cancel it just stays on "canceling" forever. All other items remain queued so I am unable to update or purchase anything.

I attach the log file which shows that ORBX BASE is stalled at the same file location.

Thanks for any help

Operating system:  WIn 10

Simulator:  P3DV4.5

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

central.log

Hi!

This appears to be caused by an issue in your scenery.cfg. We'll be adding some more safeguards for situations like this in the next Central update.

Can you attach your scenery.cfg? This will help us test against it and see what may be tripping Central up.

It can be be found at %ProgramData%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\scenery.cfg

Hi Brit,

We've added safeguards for empty scenery.cfg entries in v4.0.4, so it should not run into any errors when trying to write to it.

On 8/7/2019 at 10:08 PM, Britjet said:

The updater seems to halt on updating ORBX base and when I try to cancel it just stays on "canceling" forever. All other items remain queued so I am unable to update or purchase anything.

If your Central is still suck on cancelling Global Base, close Central and then clear Central's cache which is located at:

%Temp%/Orbx

Hi Mitchell,

The 4.0.4 update did clear some of the scenery.cfg anomalies but I still have, for example, stuck on “scanning” for the latest Global base update, which is preventing further downloads, and as you say I then get stuck on “cancelling”. I will try your suggestion.

Thanks.

Brit

I actually fixed my problems by going back to Centrel 3.3.2.1 which seems to give expanded error messages with regard to mssing files and then I replcaed them with a backup that I have.

Then I reinstalled 4.0.4 and all seems well at the moment apart from the Troubleshooter.exe which reports missing files on a couple of the products. Is this Troubleshooter still a valid check for problems?

Thanks

Brit

Hi Brit,

On 8/12/2019 at 11:58 PM, Britjet said:

Troubleshooter.exe which reports missing files on a couple of the products. Is this Troubleshooter still a valid check for problems?

The Troubleshooter.exe tool is not a valid check anymore, Orbx Central should handle many of the potential issues automatically.

We've recently released Central v4.0.6, do you encounter any issues with this version?

Archived