Orbx Central: No automatic updates and other questions...

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 10

Simulator:  Prepar3D v4.5 (plus Hotfix)

Screenshot:  none

Issue:  No automatic updates and other questions...

Hello everyone here!

First congratulations to the dev's for the new Orbx Central - it seems that a very good thing has been made even better.

For sure it's pretty normal that there are initial missunderstandings (from myself ;-) and "teething problems". So I would like the ask the following:

1. I have checked "automatic Updates" (no scenery is diabled for this) but the feature isn't working - there are a lot sceneries which reporting updates which I have to do that manually.

2. ObjectFlow is reported as not installed and/or hasn't been migrated from FTX Central v3. How can I (re-)install it manually?

3. Please find the central.log (written some minutes ago) attached.

3.1 I have found central.log inside C: \User\Username\AppData\Roaming\Orbx\Central - is that the correct location?

3.2  Under C: \User\Username\AppData\Roaming\Orbx is another folder called Orbx Central with the (empty) subfolder Logs - is that correct?

4. I don't see any desktop symbol for Orbx Central after it's installation and placed it manually there to get easy everytime access. Is that correct?

Thanks a lot for your time and help in advance!

Bert

central.log

Hi Bert,

12 hours ago, Bert Groner said:

First congratulations to the dev's for the new Orbx Central - it seems that a very good thing has been made even better.

Thank you for your feedback!

1. I have checked "automatic Updates" (no scenery is diabled for this) but the feature isn't working - there are a lot sceneries which reporting updates which I have to do that manually.

Automatic updates are performed about 5 minutes after Central launches. You can also leave Central running in the background and it will also download and install updates as they become available.

2. ObjectFlow is reported as not installed and/or hasn't been migrated from FTX Central v3. How can I (re-)install it manually?

In your log it does appear ObjectFlow was installed. It should be visible in Central under 'My Products'. Where does it appear to be reported as not installed?

2019-08-05T15:27:43.533Z [INFO] [Central::ProductService] - Switching install destination for prerequisite to Main Library
2019-08-05T15:27:43.534Z [DEBUG] [Central::ProductService] - Beginning install process for lib-objectflow.
2019-08-05T15:27:43.534Z [DEBUG] [Central::ProductService] - Fetching download details...
2019-08-05T15:27:43.534Z [DEBUG] [Central::ProductService] - Creating E:\Orbx Library\p3dv4\Orbx ObjectFlow

2019-08-06T11:11:54.840Z [DEBUG] [Central::ProductService] - Orbx ObjectFlow (Orbx ObjectFlow 2.1.0 - May 2019) - Library (Main Library) - E:\Orbx Library

3.1 I have found central.log inside C: \User\Username\AppData\Roaming\Orbx\Central - is that the correct location?

Yes.

3.2  Under C: \User\Username\AppData\Roaming\Orbx is another folder called Orbx Central with the (empty) subfolder Logs - is that correct?

I believe that is used for the install process - we'll be looking at ways to prevent this from remaining in the future.

4. I don't see any desktop symbol for Orbx Central after it's installation and placed it manually there to get easy everytime access. Is that correct?

I believe it should've been created automatically.

Hello Mitchell!

Thanks for your very fast response...

1. Good to know... Solved ;-)

2. While installing Orbx Central there an error report that ObjectFlow could not be transfered/installed - and there was a line in the central.log before saying that ObjerctFlow wasn't available. But if it's there now: Solved.

3. Solved.

4. Unfortunately it wasn't...

Have a good time!

Bert

Archived