New FTX Central and SimStarterNG or any other scenery manager

I was wondering if in your beta testing if you used any scenery organizer in testing to see if it will mess scenery sets up. I'm interested in moving my ORBX scenerys out of the sim and wondering if this will require me to make new scenery sets?

Operating system:  

Simulator:  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

Hi!

Our development team don't use any particular scenery manager, so I don't have any first-hand experience about compatibility with such tools. Orbx Central is made to layer things correctly out of the box.

There is a discussion about the Lorby-SI Addon Manager in the thread below, so some of the discussion may apply to other tools like SimStarterNG.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:15 PM, FreeBird said:

I was wondering if in your beta testing if you used any scenery organizer in testing to see if it will mess scenery sets up. I'm interested in moving my ORBX scenerys out of the sim and wondering if this will require me to make new scenery sets?

This is a very relevant question for me also as I make frequent use of various scenery sets created using SimStarterNG.

I would assume that if the Orbx sceneries are moved to a new 'library' outside of the sim then, at the very least, the SimStarterNG entries would have to be edited to reflect the new pathway to each scenery, otherwise I guess they wouldn't be found when the sim is started. I can't really therefore see why SimStarterNG couldn't be made to work with Orbx Central but I am waiting for someone braver than me to say that they have tried it and it does!!

Bill

9 minutes ago, scianoir said:

This is a very relevant question for me also as I make frequent use of various scenery sets created using SimStarterNG.

I would assume that if the Orbx sceneries are moved to a new 'library' outside of the sim then, at the very least, the SimStarterNG entries would have to be edited to reflect the new pathway to each scenery, otherwise I guess they wouldn't be found when the sim is started. I can't really therefore see why SimStarterNG couldn't be made to work with Orbx Central but I am waiting for someone braver than me to say that they have tried it and it does!!

Bill

I'm just using the wait and see what happens method for now. I guess no more ORBX scenery's for awhile but I haven't been buying much as they haven't released anything I'm interested in lately.  I'm getting a new computer soon so will wait till then to switch to the new ORBX central system. No need going thru the motions now with a good working sim and I really don't want to have to make all new scenery sets..   Josh

4 hours ago, FreeBird said:

I'm just using the wait and see what happens method for now. I guess no more ORBX scenery's for awhile but I haven't been buying much as they haven't released anything I'm interested in lately.  I'm getting a new computer soon so will wait till then to switch to the new ORBX central system. No need going thru the motions now with a good working sim and I really don't want to have to make all new scenery sets..   Josh

I feel very much the same - my sim runs very nicely and I don't want to risk anything that might rock the boat!

But I will keep an open mind and, perhaps if something appears that I want, then I might consider playing with Orbx Central!

Bill

Archived