How to get Central to Recognize TE Washington is already installed

ORBX Libraries is installed directly to the Custom Scenery folder (With the update to Central it recognized that ORBX Libraries was installed).

I installed(with FTX) TE Washington on an external HDD and used shortcuts to the Custom Scenery folder. Central is set up to install products to my external HDD (I installed L52 to ensure it is working properly), however Central does not recognize that TE Washington is already installed there and I have the options to "Install" or do the "manual install". Before pressing either of those I wanted to find out the proper way to get Central to recognize the current installation so it does not try to redownload and reinstall the whole thing again. (it may just need a specific folder structure, but I didn't see anything that hinted at the answer to this problem).

Thank you for your help in advance!

I'm having a similar problem, though until I read Mitch's post above I didn't realize the cause. I just thought it was crazy that a 1.01 update would reload the entire TE Washington... which it's now doing in the background. Orbx Central showed that I already owned it and asked if I wanted the 1.01 update. I said sure, as I'd already done for a couple of other sceneries that updated in a few seconds. 

So is this a problem where Orbx Central doesn't realize TE Washington is already installed? (Mine too is on an external disk.) Or is it a problem that the 1.01 update actually does require a complete re-download of the entire TE Washington? 

Again, thanks in advance. And a terrific job, by the way, with the new Orbx Central. Wonderful software!

3 minutes ago, West of 101 said:

I'm having a similar problem, though until I read Mitch's post above I didn't realize the cause. I just thought it was crazy that a 1.01 update would reload the entire TE Washington... which it's now doing in the background. Orbx Central showed that I already owned it and asked if I wanted the 1.01 update. I said sure, as I'd already done for a couple of other sceneries that updated in a few seconds. 

So is this a problem where Orbx Central doesn't realize TE Washington is already installed? (Mine too is on an external disk.) Or is it a problem that the 1.01 update actually does require a complete re-download of the entire TE Washington? 

Again, thanks in advance. And a terrific job, by the way, with the new Orbx Central. Wonderful software!

Don't think its a 1.01 issue. I'm still on 1.00 because it is too much time and work to get 200+gbs of space freed up on a 512gb SSD. Not to mention the transfer times. Should be a thing of the past with the new client though.

Hi!

We've heard a few reports of issues like this when some or all of the TrueEarth folders within Custom Scenery are linked. This can be due to a few reasons:

• One or more of the TrueEarth folders have been renamed.
  • The version.txt is missing from Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom

If you have renamed the folder when linking it to another drive, make sure to rename it back to what Central expects to see.

If you are using the same names and the version.txt file exists, please attach your central.log files and we can investigate a bit further.

19 hours ago, Mitchell Williamson said:

Hi!

We've heard a few reports of issues like this when some or all of the TrueEarth folders within Custom Scenery are linked. This can be due to a few reasons:

If you have renamed the folder when linking it to another drive, make sure to rename it back to what Central expects to see.

If you are using the same names and the version.txt file exists, please attach your central.log files and we can investigate a bit further.

• This is what all three are named:
      • Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom
      • Orbx_B_US_Washington_TE_Overlay
      • Orbx_C_US_Washington_TE_Orthos
    • Attached it central.log and version.txt (is inside the the ...TE_Custom folder)

central.log version.txt

• 3 weeks later...

Archived