Could not find image file for terrain

wjmeier

I downloaded and installed true earth washington for xp-11. It took hours. When I try to run xp11 from KSEA, I get an error "Could not locate image file for terrain". The complete error is shown in my log.txt file. Funny thing is, I found the "missing" files in the directory listed in the error. I ran the xp11 latest upgrade, but I still get the error. I tried to install the libraries for xp11, but I get an error that says I don't have a license for this product. But I do. I tried to do a manual download of the library, but my browser says it can't find the site. What is my next move??

Log.txt

Hi

For the missing files issue, below is a good troubleshooting topic.

For the Orbx Libraries, you will just need to go to the Orbx Direct freeware web page (linked below) and add them to your account, then open Central and install them.

https://orbxdirect.com/freeware

You can also check out the new app linked below.

Doug,

I did everything exactly according to Nick Cooper's instructions, except for he C++ files. I downloaded and installed them after the download. I downloaded and the latest version of FTX Central, then used FTX Central to download and install TrueEarth Washington. Then I did the manual download, and installed manually. Then I did the file version check. XP11 still gives me the can't find image file error. Note that my computer would not allow installation of the vcredist_arm.exe executable. I could only install the vcredist_x64 file. I should also note that I looked for the two files that "could not be located" in the textures folder, and they are there. Makes no sense.  I did everything exactly according to Nick Cooper's instructions, except for he C++ files. I downloaded and installed them after the TE Washington download. Do I have to uninstall and reinstall all over again?

Archived