Canadian Search & Rescue Patrol (Routine Training Flight)

yallu

From CYPS To CBA7...

01. Ok, let's get her juiced up

Posted Image

02. Number one running

Posted Image

03. Taking off

Posted Image

04. Climbing

Posted Image

05. Rough terrain

Posted Image

06. She's a beauty

Posted Image

07. Backoffice

Posted Image

08. Office

Posted Image

09. Nice nose

Posted Image

10. Clouds are starting to build up

Posted Image

11. Climbing to the glaciers

Posted Image

12. We aim between those two peaks

Posted Image

13. Soon...

Posted Image

14. In between, looking left

Posted Image

15. Frontal view

Posted Image

16. Glacier, eternal snow and ice

Posted Image

17. Turning to CBA7, almost "downhill skiing"

Posted Image

18. Snow line is just behind us

Posted Image

19. Finals

Posted Image

20. Perfect landing one second away

Posted Image

Well it's a good plane, no need to hold back. Engines etc. are well modeled. In fact, as I was firing #1 engine it stopped the first time even though I didn't do anything wrong (I think, after reading the manual). Just a bit cold and humid morning.

Another great vintage plane is the Boeing 377 Stratocruiser... Both share similar engine management, well, since both are from the same era. I cannot but recommend both planes. If you want to do something else as well than simply enjoy the great scenery PNW offers. These planes keep you busy observing and managing the engine systems.

I have LDS 767, F1 ATR, ERJ-135/145 etc. etc., but the #1 is still B377, I guess that makes the Cat #2 then... :) I really enjoy flying without the autopilot.

Thanks. I will get her out the hanger tonight, what a plane and like others said perfect for PNW.

Great set of SS.

The cat on full real Cold and dark start up is worth buying her just for that. You really do feel you are starting up a big old gal and as you know you have to well watch/lisen to make sure she is warm before starting #2 etc. ;D

Last week end I played the mission that came with the Catalina: Comox firefighter. The great thing is that it takes place in PNW. It's really a good training to manage the catalina, because you really have to keep these engines running when you're flying low towards a fire in this mountain environment. I did sweat. I recommend it!

The cat on full real Cold and dark start up is worth buying her just for that. You really do feel you are starting up a big old gal and as you know you have to well watch/lisen to make sure she is warm before starting #2 etc. ;D

Well, you don't have to wait. But then you have to start #1 all over again :D:P.

Last week end I played the mission that came with the Catalina: Comox firefighter. The great thing is that it takes place in PNW. It's really a good training to manage the catalina, because you really have to keep these engines running when you're flying low towards a fire in this mountain environment. I did sweat. I recommend it!

Yeah, me too. Damn it was hard to get over those mountains with all that weight. Just barely made it and once had to turn back to gain more alt.

PNW is just screaming for more missions...

Archived