EGHA - Why the American fire truck?

nplo

I’m really pleased that Compton Abbas airfield has now arrived in X-Plane. I’ve really missed it since converting from FSX to X-Plane. I understand that the X-Plane scenery is a conversion from the FSX scenery which explains why the scenery is a tad out of date. I fly for real out of Compton Abbas so I can spot every small difference. Mostly this doesn’t bother me at all, because the atmosphere of the place is right except for:-

THE AMERICAN FIRE TRUCK! (See attached photo) which cuts right through the small English airfield feel.

The FSX scenery had a LAND ROVER  FIRE TRUCK, which, incidentally, is still there. (The second attached photo is a screenshot from the ORBX product page for EGHA/FSX - bit blurry I know, but I now longer have FSX installed to provide a better pic, the third photo is of the actual Land Rover)

Why this change was made, particularly as the scenery is a conversion, is mystifying.

ORBX, please, please reinstate the Land Rover.

Thanks in anticipation.

Nigel

0339E8EA-3187-42CD-A23C-FFC18015FDB8.jpeg

3149C18C-CD80-496C-B7FD-0CD3AADBFB7D.png

899E5620-1B0E-472A-98E1-8A7A59F6173E.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Yep I agree it definitely needs to be removed. Just thought it probably could be removed using the Xplane WED program for now anyway until it gets sorted. Derek.

Good point, but why I like ORBX products is that I don’t have to do any editing once they are installed.

I think that I’ll just have to squint when it’s in view so it becomes a blurry red blob!

Having thought about it a bit more I suspect that the Orbx Library might be to blame and the American fire truck is the only choice, currently, within it.

Even if this is the case, ORBX please fix it, thanks.

NB Better to remove it than leave the current vehicle. After all, in real life it spends most of the time out of sight!

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Daan said:

Not to hijack the thread but there are a lot of British cars in the NA scenery's too.

I think you have missed the point. It wouldn’t matter if there were some American cars in the car park, in fact the real Compton Abbas has some quite exotic cars on a regular basis. The point is that the fire truck included by Orbx in the scenery is just so wrong and it really grates. Far better not to have it.

Archived