New install messed up, please help!

Hi,

I just have done a clean P3D v4.5 install on my new PC and wanted to install all my ORBX add-ons I got over the years.
I downloaded FTX Central and picked EU Wales first to install. Downloaded it through Central and also asked the client to back it up in a folder.
FTX Central installed it and also sorted the scenery lib out for me.

The result was actually a scenery mess with tiles changing like a kaleidoscope, water textures over mountains changing into - I believe - purple night texures and so on. This was the first and only add-on in my newborn sim install.

I couldn't fix it in any ways so I thought I might just uninstall and reinstall EU Wales from the backup, maybe that helps.
Now I have trouble with the backup FTX Central created for me - it's a pile of 40 MB size .zip files with other zip files in them. When the Central asks me to point to the location directory for the backup zip, I can only point to onoe or the other of these small zip files in the backup folder. Regradless the client puts the whole area back to the downloading queue.

I have a dreadfully slow internet connection and I'd avoid downloading someting again when I supposedly have a backup to work with. 
What do I do wrong?
Could you please point me to the right direction with this issue?

How can I restore the install from these zip files without downloading the whole thing again?

Is there any way to sort the scenery mess out once I reinstalled the package and the issue comes back?

(Never had any of these issues during my long FSX years...)

Thank you!

Thank you Nick, will do that once I have it installed again.
Is there any way to make those zip files the Direct created as "backup" useful in reinstalling or shall I scrap them and download the package again?

Archived