Compton airfield not being found when loading scenery

Sp1ked

Please can someone look into this.  I have just bought the new compton airfield and it does not load in Xplane 11.  The error simply states that it cannot be found and I have installed it 3 times now using FTX Central.  My tranaction ID is : 5d3f3797326eb.  I have also tried clicking on the support forum link and that just says not found.  Why make the support so hard to genuine buyers of your software.  I own all of the true earth UK series and love your products but it really should be easier to get help when needed  after spending money on your products.

Not to make you feel bad Sp1ked, but I just purchased this airfield as well and it loaded with no issues, I do run XOrganizer first and let that program update the Scenery.ini file to make sure the new custom scenery files are put in the right order. 

Topcat_1952

Newville, PA USA

12 hours ago, Sp1ked said:

Please can someone look into this.  I have just bought the new compton airfield and it does not load in Xplane 11.  The error simply states that it cannot be found and I have installed it 3 times now using FTX Central.  My tranaction ID is : 5d3f3797326eb.  I have also tried clicking on the support forum link and that just says not found.  Why make the support so hard to genuine buyers of your software.  I own all of the true earth UK series and love your products but it really should be easier to get help when needed  after spending money on your products.

You really need to provide a lot more info than "not being found" The detail you give is extremely basic that it is difficult to think about what assistance could be given.

Have you checked via the Verify files to make sure you have all the data you are supposed to have?

Do you have the very latest Orbx Library install?

Have you looked at your scenery_packs.ini to see if it is registering the existence of the addon and where it is layered in the .ini?

You need to attach your scenery_packs.ini and a copy of you xp Log to see if that helps determine what the cause is.

I also don't understand your comment about the Support forum. You are in it so it can be found. I also respectfully suggest that your reference to lack of support is not really necessary especially if you are looking for someone to assist you. A huge amount of support in Orbx is given by members under the guidance of Orbx moderators, who will if they can't help, then seek assistance from the developers. 

I note that this is your first post to Orbx/support forum, so welcome, and I hope some of my comments may help you understand how the support forum/community works and that being critical in a first time post, doesn't necessarily mean quicker service.:)

Archived