TEGBS Re-downloading After Library Migration

Operating system:  Windows 10

Simulator:  X-Plane 11

Issue:  After creating a few libraries I decided to migrate TEGB South (XP11) from the default X-Plane location to customised location on another drive. It successfully migrated the folders. However right after that it started re-downloading it. I went to check the folders and noticed that the original folders with all of its content still existed in the original location, with a copy made into the customised library location (I thought Central would have just moved the folders rather than made a copy and moved that). The copied migrated folders have all the contents and are of the same size as the original ones.

central.log

Hi!

Can you close Central (via right-clicking the system tray icon and pressing 'Quit') and then delete the following folder: %TEMP%\Orbx

Then try to launch Central again and press 'Migrate to Library' on TE GB South. It should work the second time.

We've found a potential cause of this issue and are working on a fix :)

Prior to seeing your response, I decided to uninstall it, which got rid of the original folders but left the migrated ones. I then synced the simulator and that created links of the migrated folders into the default custom scenery location. However despite that Central won't pick up that it's there (and therefore "installed") and when I click "Install" it fails to pick it up when it scans files. Attached is the updated log. I realise if I didn't try a few things and waited for your response your solution probably would have worked.

central.log

I've written a patch for the original bug that caused this issue and it'll be released in a Central update in the next few hours.

I'd avoid migrating TrueEarth products until that update comes out. Sorry for the inconvenience!

With TE GB South, I believe I will be able to provide you a file that could fix this issue and prevent needing to redownload and convert the ortho again. I don't have access to it at the moment, but later tonight I'll get back to you with it.

I've got the file ready now. You'll need to place it a specific place in your TE GB South install directory, which I believe is this based off your log:

E:\Users\Asheroo\Documents\Downloads\Flight Sim Downloads\X-Plane Downloads\ORBX\xp11\TrueEarth Great Britain South\Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Custom\convert.json

convert.json

It should look similar to this once you've pasted it in, you may need to overwrite an existing file:

image.png

Once it is in there, hit 'Install' on TE GB S and if it works the way I think it should, it'll detect everything correctly and shouldn't need to install any more files. If it does need to download some files though, unfortunately there isn't anything else that can be done apart from letting it finish the installation again. Give it a try and let me know how you go!

Thank you very much for that Mitchell. That has worked well. Somehow since my last post a bunch of files had been deleted from the "A" folders (both Custom and Needles), but that file picked up all the rest I had and I only have a little bit to download. I see that you've now updated Central to fix the TE migrating. Thank you for your awesome work!

Archived