Whangarei - The Plot Thickens

Well, from Nick's examples I knew something was wrong and noticed I had two lots of markings in the parking area. Bright yellow and a finer, darker yellow. The bright yellow ones showed shadows and the finer, darker ones did not. I then turned off all NZWR files in NZNI and all the bright markings disappeared (see before and after shots below). Somehow NZWR is getting scenery from NZNI. Still does not explain why shadows are not showing on the asphalt surfaces but this also could explain some of my weird happenings at Gisborne where I fixed the dust coming from the runway and taxiway by turning off the LCpoly file for NZGS in NZNI. I have noticed these double markings with none ORBX scenery as well and they are the same bright yellow markings as were showing at Whangarei coming from NZNI. I have reviewed the Scenery Library and all ORBX airport sceneries are above NZNI and NZSI folders there. That would seem correct.

I am now totally bewildered by this.

Any ideas?

Bernie

2019-7-25_9-56-30-602.jpg

2019-7-25_10-2-11-718.jpg

I have uninstalled NZWR and re-activated the NZWR files in NZNI and you can clearly see that the bright yellow lines mentioned above are from NZNI's NZWR. Please note that shadows show in NZNI version and not in NZWR airport. Somehow NZNI files are appearing in the NZWR airport scenery and causing an issue. Why is this?

regards

Bernie

2019-7-25_12-19-28-691.jpg

I have early this morning run the Verify Files on NZNI and that did not fix anything but the fresh install I have just done of NZWR has got rid of files from NZNI showing which was the worst part. Still no shadows  and I had my shadow settings the same as Nick showed to no avail. I put them back to yours Doug but still not showing. I guess I can live without the shadows (note that there are none from the Static Aircraft Dash 8 on the hard stand but the DC3 has light shadows and my C177 shows normal shadows). It is only happening on the asphalt surfaces - grass is fine. Does not happen with ORBX NZNI version of NZWR where shadows show fine. Only thing I did that fixed the files from NZNI showing was re-install NZWR. What could possibly stop these shadows?

Regards

Bernie

2019-7-25_12-45-54-902.jpg

Hi Doug,

I did as suggested. Gisborne is all good however, the shadow issue persists for Whangarei but at least the bleed through parking markings have gone. I think something weird is causing the shadow issue with Whangarei but goodness knows what it is. The NZSI airports are fine.

I suggest we drop it and put it down to one of those weird things that sometimes happen.

Thanks again

Bernie

Archived