Darrington 1S2 install: missing files error

pleader

I purchased Darrington 1S2 on 7/19/2019 for x-plane to use in conjunction with TE Washington (purchase number 5d321eb3989fe).  Log txt is attached below.  On launching x-plane, two error messages pop up regarding the new airport, stating it requires an additional scenery package that is not installed or is missing some of its parts.  I have limited experience adding new scenery and could have bollixed the custom scenery folder when attempting to install a freeware package for Barker private airfield (WA07) and its required scenery a few days earlier.  The custom scenery folder seems to have far too many individual scenery files, which perhaps interfered with 1S2.  But I have no idea if I should remove them or whether something else may be the issue. 

btw, regarding the new Washington State scenery, after much hair pulling (my own) and gnashing my teeth, I was able to install the new TE Washington a week ago, working around the problem of having to install it to a large secondary hard drive and creating synthetic (?) references to it from my solid state much smaller drive where X-Plane is installed. The overriding problem was that the automatic installer insists on trying to install it on the smaller drive where X-Plane is located, and of course, each effort requiring several hours, were no-go's.  The trick I stumbled upon was to do a manual zip download to the large secondary drive and unzip the folder there, after first installing X-Plane again on the secondary drive, since the installer homes in on the X-Plane location. For a real world pilot flying out of Paine Field (KPAE), it's a treasure and worth the initial frustration.  The roads and buildings are accurately placed.  Trains even run frequently to help ID rail track locations. For real world GA practice, the accurate ground references make all the difference, e.g., looking for emergency landing areas, and approach limitations, etc, and of course the heightened sense that one really is flying in this beautiful State, able to scout around for nice places to fly without the considerable expense of operating a real airplane.  

Log.txt

Worked perfectly!  Color me excited.  Yes, I saw the suggested posts, which is where I developed the idea to use the "symbolic" link.  I'll retain the articles, nevertheless, as working to save hair on the sides is my sole focus now, having said goodbye many years ago to what was on top.  Thanks for helping me fix the problem.  

Another by the way:  Any chance Orbx could offer a package price for several of the small airports in Washington?

I too had this same problem. Read this reply from Doug, that took care of the problem. I was able to fly there with out any problems once! Now went to fly there again, the scenery doesn't load now. Just default scenery. Have no clue what or where to look. When I was having the first problem I did look in the ini file, and after it installed looked again to make sure it was first in line in the file. so..........

Archived