Multiplayer Fun in the Cascade Mountains

Sue, Paul and me had a nice multiplayer flight just now, starting from Santiam Junction State (8S3). We then visited the Sand Mountain helipad, Mt. Washington, the McKenzie lava flows, the Three Sisters, continuing past the McKenzie Bridge State airfield (00S), the Carpenter Mountain, Iron Mountain, Coffin Mountain and Green Peter helipads, and finishing it off at Sweet Home 2OR7. I definitely recommend doing that flight. It provided some breathtaking views, with out clear weather setting, anyway. ;)

Here are some shots. Some of them might strike you as a little odd, but we thought fun is more imporant than realism.  ;D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

;D

Very carefully! Paul and Patrick did it spot on every time. I did it once. See the chopper parked next to the cabin on the mountain in that one shot. that's me. I went to the frig, thinking I was safely parked. I came back an found myself 300 meters down the mountain, with a tree branch in the cabin of the Dodo. I was told that a few seconds after i left, a wind gust knocked me off, and I slid and rolled down the mountain. I was certainly confused when I got back!

LOL

Sue

Made it here, I'm on the platform, and the guys slid in to pose, "say cheese!"

Posted Image

Watching the guys make it look easy, taking turns landing...

[img width=1120 height=700]http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/9969/dodo1u.jpg

Sitting on the moutain safely, NOT! Just before that wind gust...

[img width=1120 height=700]http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7032/roll1.jpg

Some cool shots there Patrick.

Many thanks to you both last night for the flight, had an absolute blast. I still think it was a little mean for Patrick to push your Dodo off the mountain while you were away. Will have to have a dig through my screen shots and post some later - just about to try out Darrington now it's installed and my HD defragged, I could be gone some time lol.  :)

I'm so impressed by these landings.  I have only flown my new Dodo a couple of times.  I'm hoping to have the new computer finished this weekend, and then I hope you guys won't mind a total noob joining you for some of these wonderful flights!

I'm so impressed by these landings.  I have only flown my new Dodo a couple of times.  I'm hoping to have the new computer finished this weekend, and then I hope you guys won't mind a total noob joining you for some of these wonderful flights!

Of course - the more the merrier!

Whereabout are you, i.e. time zone?

Setting out...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wave...

Posted Image

I wanna go!...

Posted Image

Come on, we can get three on there...

Posted Image

Balancing act...

Posted Image

Posted Image

How many Dodo's can you see?...

Posted Image

Oi get out of it your spoiling my view!...

Posted Image

Race you!...

Posted Image

I got the heli-pad,  nerdy-nerdy-ner-ner!  ;D

Posted Image

CST US.  I've updated my profile to give my general whereabouts.  I think several of you might be in the same zone?  Sue is an hour or so earlier, I think.

Of course - the more the merrier!

Whereabout are you, i.e. time zone?

Griphos,

Im in Indiana, we are one Eastern so I will be flying 2200 local to about 0300ish on the same TS and gamespy as the guys use, there should be a few of us tonight due to it being the start of the weekend, we usually get some of the guys in Australia flying too as thats their daytime.

Cheers,

AC

there should be a few of us tonight due to it being the start of the weekend, we usually get some of the guys in Australia flying too as thats their daytime.

There's a chance I may be on for a while tonight as well - hope there's a big coffin!  ;D

I'll try to join then.  May not be able to.  I'm trying to finish up the build on my new computer, and I'm using the hard drives from my current computer, so at some point, I'm going to have to back them up, take them out, put them in the new computer, install the new 64 bit OS and then reinstall all my software!  :P  Then I have to put my son's hard drive in my current computer and do all of that again. 

I may try to hold off and get a little flying in tonight and then start all of that in the morning. 

By the way, when I join, I'll be LoneWatie (Griphos was taken on GameSpy).

Archived