Trees missing after installing TE Washington

All of the Laminar library trees from a custom scenery I've been working on are now gone.  They are individual hand placed trees.  They are autogen_tree.obj 1 through 4.  And they do not appear in the WED preview window. Other autogen and trees from other librarys are unaffected.

Also at least one of the gateway airports I've looked at (KOKC) has missing tree objects.  Please, I want my trees back.

10 hours ago, Dixiedingo said:

All of the Laminar library trees from a custom scenery I've been working on are now gone.  They are individual hand placed trees.  They are autogen_tree.obj 1 through 4.  And they do not appear in the WED preview window. Other autogen and trees from other librarys are unaffected.

Also at least one of the gateway airports I've looked at (KOKC) has missing tree objects.  Please, I want my trees back.

The installation of the TE Washington addon will not delete or remove anything. If the trees you refer to are not being seen then it probably relates to a scenery_packs.ini layering issue and the trees are being masked by something else in your Custom Scenery.

TE Washington is right at the bottom of scenery_packs.ini just above GB south, wich works fine.

When I remove the TE Washington Overlay folder the trees reappear.  When I put the folder back the trees disappear.

I had a similar problem with MisterX scenery causing the Laminar glideslope antennas to disappear.  I never found a fix for that.

Thanks for your reply and any other tips or suggestions you might have.

scenery_packs.ini Log.txt

@Dixiedingo

The True Earth addons need to be placed just below Global Airports and not near the bottom of the.ini. Since you have TEGB South as well then the London landmarks file needs to be placed above TEGB and not below. Therefore TEGB South was not working fine as you would have incorrect buildings appearing around London city. Now you will have the correct ones.

I have re-arranged your.ini as it should be layered. Try it and see if it works.

scenery_packs.ini

Thanks very much for putting my scenery_pack.ini in the proper order.  I'm sure London will look much better.  But alas, my hand placed Laminar library trees are still invisible.  Even without running Xplane the trees are not showing up in the WED editor window when the TE Washington Overlay folder is present in Custom Scenery.

Is the hand placed tree library a library that covers all of your default XP scenery or Orth scenery or just Washington? As you are aware the tree placement in TE Washington is hand placed and the trees are far superior in quality to the default XP trees, so I am not understanding fully the problem you are having. Are you saying that when the TE Washington overlay file is enabled that you don't see any trees anywhere else in XP ?

Please clarify in more detail.

The trees I've been using for my scenery are located in the WED editor at lib/g10/forests/autogen_tree1.obj ( trees 1 through 4 ).  The airport location is not anywhere near the TE Washington coverage area.  Default autogen trees are okay.  3rd party library trees are okay. Forests, such as lib/g8/broad_cld_dry.for, are okay.

I don't know what else to add other than this is similar to a problem I had with MisterX scenery enabled causing the default glideslope to be invisible.  When I tried to upload to the Scenery Gateway it was rejected because of a "deprecated resource" glideslope.

Archived