Lost YBRM after AUS V2

Hi

Just in case anyone else has trouble with their previous ORBX airports.

Made a flight from Perth to Broome. All OK, - and by the way Perth airport is now great.

When I arrived, my Broome scenery was no longer there. It was before.

FTX still showed it installed. So I clicked on the "Verify files" and it seemed to reinstall it.

I have most of the Australian airports and after Broome reinstalled,  I checked and, It looks like they are all missing.

Screen-Shot-06-11-19-at-12-47-PM.png

John

OK thanks Nick

I have just seen the posts re the Australian airports. Broome seemed to be fine after I got it back.

My fault, as I deleted the FTX_AU V1 folder manually first. Then, when I tried to get V2, it kept telling me V1 was still there.

In the end I reinstalled V1, then had FTX uninstall it, and then install V2. Mow obviously the other airports are not there.

Do I have to wait for the others or can I just reinstall them?

John

Hello,

you can reinstall them.

I would expect the revised airports to be updates that can be applied to existing installations.

For future reference, the instruction to uninstall in FTX Central never means delete files.

As you found out, unless you know where they all are, it just creates problems.

Thanks again Nick

I have V2 on and am going to gradually reinstall the Australian airports.

Will FTX Central let me know when the updated ones are available for V2? As it still shows them as installed, (after I manually deleted them).

At present I have reinstalled only Broome, Cairns and Alice Springs. They can keep me going for a while.

I am a bit confused as to which ones have to be re-done for V2? I don't use Facebook much but might have to try with your site.

Regards

John

PS. Is there a way I can store the Globals and airports without having to re-download them every time? FTX Central is great but we have a limited amount of download at this time. I have tried saving them on another SSD that I have but they don't work when I put them back after a reinstall.

Hello,

as I tried to point out to you, unless you know where all the files are, deleting Orbx files

is not a good idea, which is why the uninstall tab is there for most of them.

You will need to verify files for all of your deleted Australian products.

Once the updates are released, FTX Central should mark them is in need of an update and

you can apply them.

Because all the files are on a cloud, you don't need to store the installation files.

Archived