AU V2 - EFB 2 DB Builder reports error for YWCH

Hello,

I just updated my AU V1 to V2 by uninstalling HolgerMesh and AU V1 and installed V2 afterwards.

I did run EFB 2 DB Builder and it reported an error for YWCH. I'm guessing that the uninstall of V1 left something. Still see a FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS reported by EFB.

Here the error message:

2019-06-10 10:14:42.540   Error   : YWCH, An item with the same key has already been added.
2019-06-10 10:14:42.543   Warning : YWCH, E:\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAUv2_05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_AUS_YWCH.bgl
2019-06-10 10:14:42.545   Warning : YWCH will not be available in EFB database

I also uploaded the full log.

Thanks a lot in advance for any idea :)

dbBuilderLogfile.txt

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

can you not create a new database, or is this what happens when you do?

I have the same error. This is what happens when you rebuild the database after installing AU V2 (which you need to do after installing new scenery). 

also got same error message when rebuilding the database and clearly states it is in that location

Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAUv2_05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_AUS_YWCH.bgl 

Hello,

yes, I read that too.

Unfortunately,

Error   : YWCH, An item with the same key has already been added.

does not help to establish how an airport that is not in AU Australia and not in any default version

of FSX or P3D can be detected already when it appears that there is only one file for it.

Have you been to the EFB forum, if there is such a thing, to ask how the database builder works?

Hello Nick,

Sorry for my late reply on this. This error occurred after AU V2 upgrade. That's the reason why I have asked the question at first here. I thought that maybe a something was left on the disk after. I'll check with the EFB support on this and also, if I have something installed from OzX (can't remember that I did it, but might be :)

I'll post an update, as soon I have some news on it.

Regards.

Torsten

Hi all.

There is a version of Walcha is OZx. It was designed by Craig Hanley and it is included in his NSW New England Airports download. It may have been installed in another directory than the OZx directory.

There are five files. Please search for YWCH in your Flight Sim Folders.

Cheers

Bernie

Transaction ID: 5cfcde4716933
    Product: AU Australia v2
    Amount paid: $32.97 AUD
    Purchased at: 2019-06-09 10:25:44
    Quantity purchased: 1

If I may enter the discussion as part of the DEV Team of AivlaSoft - EFBv2:

We have identified the reason for this error and - sad enough - it turned out to be very rare a bug in the BGL Compiler (bglcomp.exe) from the Developers - in ths case Lockheed Martin. The Issue is that this airport uses RWY designators of the kind "NORTHEAST/SOUTHWEST" and "NORTHWEST/SOUTHEAST". In the case of the second (eastern) RWY the originally used designator is "NORTHWEST/SOUTHEAST" and it's exatly this combination which causes the error!

The technical details in the (binary) BGL file are:

primary RWY NORTHWEST -> 0x2C

secondary RWY SOUTHEAST -> 0x26

Unfortunately this HEX value 26 is wrong and is in use for NORTHEAST. It should be 0x28 (HEX 28).

The simulator does not care for this as it (obviously) only readys the primary RW designator and calculates the complement. EFB v2 However is always reading both primary and secondary RWY designators (to be able to cope with ARINC data if available). There are a few possibilities to cope with this situation. The simples remedy would be to recompile and publish a new BGL. To obtain the correct HEX values, the RWY "NORTHWEST/SOUTHEAST" must be switched to "SOUTHTEAST/NORTHWEST". This way the primary RWY designator is (correctly) compiled to be 0x28.

The only affected BGL is "ADE_FTX_AUS_YWCH.bgl", to be found in "\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAUv2_05_SCENERY\scenery". The easiest way to cope with this situation would be publishing a new BGL. As developers of AivlaSoft's EFB v2 we will of course not publish this inorder to stay out of any copyright issues. We would however invite the developers of this AUS v2 scenery to contact our company https://www.aivlasoft.com/support.html to work on a solution for this.

Oskar

59 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

….I cannot test it, as I do not have your product...

What a pity… :lol:

Thank you Nick, for your quick and perfect support! I have tested the new BGL and it works as designed. I will recommend the download through your website in our Forum.

Thanks again!

Oskar

56 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

is this likely to be the same for the FSX bgl, or is the FSX version of bglcomp.exe not broken in this small respect?

Hi Nick,

Good question! I presume yes, but to be honest, I can't tell for sure as I don't use FSX anymore. We would have to check the respective BGL as soon as it is available.

Another thing to the corrected file above:

I see that you changed the RWY designators, however you did not reverse the RWY bearing:D We therefore have now a BGL which causes no error message anymore, however the designators are now reversed. Could you possibly reverse the RWY bearing and recompile? Thanks in advance.

Oskar

Archived