Farm land standing water in scenery?

When flying VFR over TrueEarth GB South, I see a lot of farmland sections that look like that have a bit of standing water instead of a "dry sand" look. The attached screenshots show this effect on just a few fields, but if you fly around a bit you see it a LOT. Is that by design? 

My scenery file is pretty simple:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGLL Heathrow/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGLH_Needles/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGHI_A_Southampton/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Airport Environment HD/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/

Besides this I have xVision installed with Vivid settings.

Thanks for looking.

dusk.png

sunny.png

You need to have the TEGB South Custom folder with the TEGB South Overlay and Otho folders. All 3 folders should be directly below Global Airports. Move Airport Environment and Orbxlibs below the 3 TEGB folders.

I notice you are also not showing the London Landmarks folder entry. Do you not have that because it is a default file> You need it because it contains a variety of landmarke for London that are supposed to add to landmarks made by Orbx. You will not get the correct scenery showing otherwise. This will be most obvious if you fly out of London City airport EGLC. When you find that folder put it just above the 3 TEGB South entries in the scenery_packs.ini.

• 3 weeks later...

I appreciate your reply, thanks for taking the time!   If I understood you correctly, I should change the order to this:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGLL Heathrow/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGLH_Needles/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGHI_A_Southampton/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Airport Environment HD/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/

I can actually not find the London landmarks folder anywhere.. what package install should that have been a part of? I see a "london" folder here:

Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Custom\objects\london, but I am guessing that is not what should be mentioned in the scenery file?

Thanks!

@mobidutch Yes the layering your ini layering in your post above is correct.Regarding London landmarks, it is part of the default XP installation along with Landmarks for Chicago, Sydney. Las Vegas. If you don't have the Landmarks files you need to run the XP installer again (up to you if you choose to tick the "including beta" option, and it will reinstall any missing files like the Landmarks. i don't understand how you cannot have them seeing as they are part of the default installation.

My responses have not addressed your initial query regarding standing water and that is because I am not seeing what you are referring to in your pics.

Don't worry cos my eyes are old and you may well be seeing what you consider to look like standing water:)

Archived