Problem with symbolic link

Hi,

I created a symbolic link for my ORBX folder so I could save space on my C drive. All has been ok for a few days since I created it, however late this afternoon I accidently removed the link on my C drive (stupid me). Now when I launch P3DV4 I get messages saying it cannot find any of my ORBX scenery (which is substantial). I still have the ORBX folder on my D drive so tried creating a new link but to no avail. Do I have to install all my ORBX scenery again, I pray not as it will take ages and ages. Also on FTX all my sceneries etc are saying not installed even though all the files are on my D Drive.  l also get a message when I launched P3DV4 the last time saying there was  error with my scenery.cfg file when trying to load ORBX files, tried to solve this by renaming it to .old and creating a new one which goes OK but all my ORBX files are all missing. I have since replaced my scenery.cfg file with the one from earlier today as at least that does have the ORBX entries even if when launching the scenery it says there's an error.

Any ideas how I can sort this mess out would be greatly appreciated.

18 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

I would guess by carefully following the instructions below, you should be able to successfully recreate the symbolic link. 

Doug,

You are a star, that's done it. I didn't maximise the explorer page to full so I guess I wasn't selecting a blank area within the P3D folder. Once I maximised the page and selected a blank area it worked and all my sceneries in P3D and FTX central returned to normal.

Mate I owe you a pint.

Cheers

Howard

Archived