And suddenly it dawned on me... the famous FSX Artists Impression!!!

Guest J van E

Guest J van E

I was happily flying along a river... simply enjoying the scenery...

Posted Image

Posted Image

...when suddenly it all looked a bit familiar somehow...

Posted Image

I just didn't know what it was. So I just kept on flying and a bit further down the river a little mountain showed up at the right.

And suddenly it dawned on me... PNW reminded me of... THE FAMOUS FSX ARTISTS IMPRESSION!!!

So, just for this occasion, I saved the flight, loaded the 'ultimatescreenshotwateranimation' called Sparkling from REX and here you go...!

Posted Image

Here's the original:

Posted Image

I am sure others will be able to find a spot and weather that will come a lot closer to that original (I just happened to fly there and didn't feel like searching for the perfect mountains ;) ), but yes, it's true: we are finally there! Thanks to PNW (and REX of course, because this particular picture has a lot of water in it) we can now actually fly the artists impression! ;D

(Would be really nice if you would all try to find the perfect spot in PNW to REALLY mimic that artists impression! :) )

I've reinstalled the FEX Orbx wateranimation again, because for actual flying Sparkling is way too much for me, but I totally love what I see in those first three shot above: the beautiful scenery, the awesome trees, that incredible reflection... For ME PNW is what that artists impression was all about: not the sparkling water, but the complete scenery that looked REAL!

BTW I can't imagine flying in PNW with water NOT at High 2x... It's a must imho: better turn down some other settings, because THIS IS IT!  :P

Archived