black waters and black sceneries

hey how are u ? i bought south california open lc . i loaded up the sim and loaded it ksea now i take off and see black waters in different patches. please see screenshot. i am using p3d v4.5 hotfix. tell me how to fix this >

2019-5-15_16-53-50-821.jpg

2019-5-15_16-53-53-980.jpg

2019-5-15_16-54-1-761.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings,

I'm having the same issues with Orbx using P3Dv4.5 regarding the blocky black boxes on the terrain. Seems to be prevalent at the lower elevation levels. The higher elevations look good for the most part. The frozen water option is not checked. I did not have these issues in P3Dv4.4.

I have Orbx Global Base Pack, all the open Land Classes installed along with Vector and the Trees.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Sctt

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the reply.

However, I do not have any regions installed, just all of the products in the Global Range along with Vector. I checked again just now and that box about the frozen water is indeed unchecked.

Regards,

Scott

2019-6-5_17-21-26-396.jpg

Thanks.

Try deleting your terrain.cfg file, you will find it at

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Star P3D and let it create another.

Run it  somewhere that you have no Orbx scenery and see what you see.

Then close P3D, run FTX Central and wait for it to activate Orbx scenery.

Then try again where you do have an anomaly.

Hi Nick,

I just completed what you suggested and am cautiously optimistic that solved the problem. I just did a couple of quick before and after flights around the KOAK area in the Carenado PA31. All looked good during the 2nd flight after I had activated the FTX Central.

Will explore more when I have time after work today to go up into the Flight Levels and see how things look.

Regards,

Scott

Hi Nick,

Wanted to let  you know that I flew the reverse course of the flight that I was having issues with.

The original flight was KLAX - KPDX. The reverse I flew this evening was KPDX - KLAX. Both were in the PMDG B737-900.

I'm happy to report there were not any scenery issues that I could discern during the entire course of the flight.

Thanks for your assistance - much appreciated!

Regards,

Scott

Archived