Missing files on install

Each time I  download  the GB South scenery and then validate, it goes back to download again. When I run X plane after install and decompression it messages that some files are missing( see attached) the stops loading the software. I have tried three times to verify. Last time I uninstalled the scenery using FTX central, but five hours later still but till no luck.

What can I do now?

error 2.PNG

error 3.PNG

Thanks. I have downloaded the 30Gb zip file overnight and installed C++ file as suggested. I also uninstalled the previous FTX enabled download as the manual installer does not work until you do that. (Might want to add that to your troubleshooting article.  This morning FTX central is unable to open the zip fie. File explorer cannot unzip it or open the file either. 

What am I doing wrong?

Hello,

1. of course, you cannot install a product with FTX Central unless you first uninstall it.

However, the developers thought of that and added the Verify files option.

2. downloading very large files is best done using a download manager, otherwise there

is the very real danger that they will be corrupted, as your evidently is.

Of course FTX Central will download from the server is if cannot read the zip file.

3. your problem is not connected to any files that are already on the PC.

If you are sure that you now have all the prerequisites in place, adequate disk free space

in particular, please allow the installation to proceed.

Letting the manual file installer continue now results on another 5 hour download. That can’t be right.

Downloaded fine on my other PC over the same connection but has missing files three times over on this PC.

Isnt FTX a download manager? It is not performing very well for me. 

I am still stuck. What else can I try?

Hello,

FTX Central cannot read your corrupted download, therefore it has no alternative but to download the files again.

If it "downloaded" fine on your other PC, why not transfer the files to this PC?

Of course you have purchased two product licences to allow for this?

If you make a manual download, then you are not using FTX Central, so whether or not it manages downloads is immaterial.

The TX downloader / installer has taken three passes to download all the files and de compress. Its part way through install and I get this message which seems to be under reading my memory by a factor of 10.

How do I get passed this?

Memory.PNG

Hello,

you can disable disk space checking on the FTX Central settings page.

You can see the setting in the first image in the troubleshooting guide.

If you only have 55GB left on your C drive, then that is not the place to be running the installer.

Hello,

here is what the topic states.

The initial download of TEGB South is 26GB, the installation uses at least twice that and the installed product is 127GB

the key is "at least".

Even at the very least, twice the download size is 52 GB, leaving only 3 GB for Windows and so on to work in.

You need to find around 200 to 250 GB of free space and set FTX Central to use that space to both run the installer and for the installed files.

If you do not do this, you are simply wasting your time.

Only you will know how you can have downloaded 85 GB of files.

Archived