Runway Identifier Error

Hello

I have Orbx Global Base Pack, Global Open CL Europe, Global Vector and Orbx England.  I run Prepar3D V4 and Prosim 737.   I have found that there is a runway identifier error as follows:

Airport:  ENAL (Vigra) which is at Alesund in  Norway, should have runways 06 and 24, but my Orbx scenery has them set incorrectly as 07 and 25.  My Flight Management Computer and Prosim

Instructor Station indicate the correct runway identifiers, but P3d V4 indicates 07 and 25 as it picks these up from the selected scenery.  When I deselect the Orbx scenery in the P3d scenery library

the runways display correctly in P3d and the runway markings are also correct. In effect the P3d default scenery displays correct identifiers.  Of course I would prefer to use the Orbx Scenery.

I have updated my Orbx scenery and used the verify files option in FTX, but still have the error.  Is there a way to correct this error by download from Orbx or can I update the Airport file (BGL File)  in my installation?  I am using Airac Cycle 1901 and subscribe to Navigraph, so I can get the latest updates there.  I realise that runways change from time to time and there are possible other errors. 

Your advice would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Regards

Kevin

Hello Kevin,

welcome to the forums.

As you allege that the default P3D version has 6/24, it does not, it looks like your Airac Cycle 1901 software

has modified the default P3D airport database.

The default P3D version has 7/25 which is stored in scenery\0601\scenery\APX49090.bgl

and is therefore also out of date.

The only Orbx product you have with airport information within it is Vector and it looks like

Airac Cycle 1901 has gone to the trouble of amending scenery\0601\scenery\APX49090.bgl

and then incorrectly identified the Vector AEC files (also 7/25) as an addon airport.

Your probable solution is to search the Vector folder for ENAL and remove the four files that you will find.

While these programs that update airport data may well be wonderfully helpful in the pursuit of accuracy,

they can cause havoc in a simulator database that is over 13 years old.

As you deduce, there will be many more such discrepancies.

Hi Nick

Thanks very much for your swift reply and advice, it is much appreciated.  As advised, I have found the Airport file ENAL in the Vector folder and made it in active- I have just changed the file extension from.bgl to. inactive. This has solved the problem.  The runways at ENAL are now correctly showing as 06/24 in P3d and the numbers are correctly painted on the runways. 

I did a flight yesterday from Oslo (ENGM 19R)  to Alesund Vigra   (ENAL:  VGR/ ILS24) and all was fine.  I assume that as I have effectively de-activated the Orbx Vector file for ENAL, I will be now be using the default P3d file for that airport?  I noticed in the Orbx Vector folder there are a few versions of the airport file:    APT_ENAL.bgl, (now deactivated) and  APT_ENAL.default

Perhaps if I change the default extension to .bgl that might re-instate the original and accurate file.  Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Kevin 

Hello,

you should understand that both the default P3D and the Vector files will show runway 7/25.

It is your software that has changed the P3D default from 7/25 to 6/24.

This has been done by it editing scenery\0601\scenery\APX49090.bgl which is no longer default.

I would advise you to leave everything else alone, as you have it working with the minimum of

disruption to both P3D and the Orbx files.

Archived