ORBX Libraries Causing Autogen Problem

Hello,

I've been having a problem where when I verify files in my FTX Central, it causes my autogen to take 10 minutes to load when loading into my simulator. I've reinstalled 4.4 due to this and tried verifying files and it broke again. It takes 10 minutes to load autogen and I'm freaking out. Anyone have any idea what's wrong? I have global, na, eu installed currently and I've tried clearing my scenery index.

Thanks!

Brian McCumiskey

I'm sorry I figured it out. Whenever I get sim problems I have an epic anxiety attack and post something :D I just deleted my scenery.cfg and it worked. If anyone has this problem, delete your scenery.cfg! Also for some reason that didn't work when I had the problem before and I had to reinstall P3D. But I'm on a full 4.4 install currently. 

Thanks for anyone who read this forum post and hope I help you with my findings!

Brian

Hi

First, please apply the below basics.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then, if you have Vector installed, there is a Vector control panel access button at the bottom of the FTXC3 settings page. When you open it you can select the amount of road coverage etc, be sure to uncheck the "Frozen Surface (in winter only)"option, and check the Australia Add-Ons under the “Settings” tab, then go to the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC tool) tab and run the auto configuration process and be sure to click on "Appy" when it is done scanning.

2 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

First, please apply the below basics.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then, if you have Vector installed, there is a Vector control panel access button at the bottom of the FTXC3 settings page. When you open it you can select the amount of road coverage etc, be sure to uncheck the "Frozen Surface (in winter only)"option, and check the Australia Add-Ons under the “Settings” tab, then go to the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC tool) tab and run the auto configuration process and be sure to click on "Appy" when it is done scanning.

Hey. I followed your directions and still no luck sadly. It takes 10-15 mins to load autogen

Hey. I just tried deleting shaders, prepar3d.cfg, terrain.cfg and scenery.cfg and still no luck. Everything else is lightning fast but right when it hits autogen, huge slow down. I've tried reinstalling all ORBX addons. Everything is fine but once I install ORBX Libraries ONLY, it takes forever to load autogen. It's very odd and seems it's becoming a common topic on the forum. I really do not want to another sim reinstall due to the same problem. I spent my entire last weekend and leading into this week to reinstall my sim and would rather not do that process again. I also made sure all ORBX related stuff is below third party addons such as payware addon airports also.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Brian,

Did you manage to solve this? My P3D gets to loading autogen at 70% then takes 30 minutes to load, yes 30!!

I'm not suggesting it's due to Orbx in anyway, jut exploring all possibilities.

Thanks

Dave

Archived