No folder?

Hi...to install P3D v4.5 and keep all my orbx products it says I must save the folder that P3D and orbx reside in. My P3D is installed directly onto a SSD and not into a separate folder. What should I do? 

I have attached a screenshot of my drive :E

Must I just do a complete removal of P3Dv4.4 (as in the 'Poppy' help files) and then install the new P3D v4.5 straight into drive E?

Regards,

Tom

Doc1.docx

Hi Tom

No, you just need to make sure the main "ORBX" folder stay's at that location.....but, If you have Vector, the auto AEC tool will not work with your sim installed in that configuration....You would need to, starting from an empty drive, create a new folder first and call it whatever you like and install your sim into it.

Sim.PNG

Sim 1.PNG

Thank you Doug.  So I should basically uninstall P3D v4.4 , wipe my E drive and create a folder called P3D and install P3D v4.5 into that?

Then, all my add-ons, ORBX, Vector,  etc , must be downloaded and installed again?   Can't I make a backup of all my ORBX products and just send that to the new P3D folder?

Cheers,

Tom

Being an old timer...is it best to create folders on my E drive as you have, on your F drive, or do the add-ons create their own folders? Like my AS16 and ORBX library and TE Netherlands? I just install where the ad-on suggests

Tom

Do not create folders outside of the main sim for your Orbx products, in my first image (ORBX library and TE Netherlands? ), those are just for storing my manually downloaded .zip files.

But do feel free to create folders to install other 3rd party programs into, such as AS16.

Thanks again. I see Nick says I must make a backup (copy and save) of my ORBX folder that is in P3D. Fine.   Now, if I have a clean Drive E, do I then create a folder (P3D v4.5) and install the sim there?

Then, the saved ORBX file, must be loaded in the simulator's 'root' folder. What is that?

Sorry to ask so many questions..

1 minute ago, Tom Charles said:

Now, if I have a clean Drive E, do I then create a folder (P3D v4.5) and install the sim there?

Correct.

2 minutes ago, Tom Charles said:

Then, the saved ORBX file, must be loaded in the simulator's 'root' folder. What is that?

The "root" folder is the simulator main folder, like in my 2nd image.

Got it.   Such a different approach ...I turn 74 next week....flying a PA-28 is easier than this, though my PPL expired many years ago! Ha

Have a great weekend... if there is a problem I'll contact you again, ok?

Cheers from the Netherlands

Archived