X-Plane TEGB South Crashing

joemac

I'm having a TEGB South problem similar to the darthwayner post on April 1.  My TEGB North works fine but when I attempt to start inside most areas in the South coverage area,  X-plane crashes.  Normally X-plane will crash about 2/3 through the load process for most airports in the east.

Oddly, if I start at Lands End (EGHC,) or any other  southeast coast airport,  everything works fine, and I can fly up and down the Cornwall coast.  When I turn west the system will crash around Salisbury.  Coming down from the north (I don't have Central installed) it will crash as soon as I enter the Orbx South scenery at Nottingham. It doesn't seem to matter what I'm flying.

After reading the darthwayner thread, I uninstalled Mister X and OpenSceneryX but it didn't make any difference.  The folder sizes for the TEGB South install are the right sizes and number of files.  No jpg files in the texture folders.

This scenery is spectacular - I'd certainly appreciate any help I could get to have it up and running properly. I'm still new to this forum so if my question has been answered I apologize, but I couldn't find it in my searches. I've attached scenery.ini and the log.txt that was generated for an attempted start at EGLL.

HP Ryzen 5, 3.6Ghz, 24GB RAM, 4.5TB discs, Sapphire AMD Radeon RX580 w 8GB.   Orbx Transaction #5caa08f5198b8.

Thanks

Joe

Log.txt scenery_packs.ini

Oops.... I have my directions confused.  Yes... I know Cornwall is on the west coast!  It's the eastern part of the scenery that doesn't work.  I suppose it's well that I live in the geographic centre of Canada!

Joe

Thanks Smudger.  How do I do that?  My understanding of XP 11 is that there is no aircraft crash detection that is user-configurable. If you mean "crash" as in program crashes, (ie: forcing the load to continue to completion)  I have no idea where I'd do that. Help!

I can see where crash detection would be an issue if the aircraft is positioned incorrectly in the scenery (like halfway through a building) but that wouldn't account for my "mid-air"  failures as I approach the TEGB South scenery, would it?

Thanks.

Thanks anyway Smudger.  Indeed, I used to have that problem fairly frequently with FSX - an aircraft starting up on top of a piece of scenery.  The solution was to turn off crash detection, start it up again, and pull the aircraft out of the hangar door!

Archived