Nav aids at freeware airports

I'm not sure if this the right place to post this, but here goes

I've recently flown into several of the freeware airports, and not meaning to sound negative, but some of the ILS's are wrong

CYBW Calgary/Springbank, the runways are numbered wrong, and there should be an ILS on runway 35 that's not there

KAGS Augusta Rgnl, runway 17 has the wrong ILS frequency

KMYF Montgomery-Gibbs, has the ILS and the frequency is right, but it's on the wrong runway

Like I said before I'n not meaning to sound negative.....it's really cool of you guys to build these airports.....I just thought you may like to know this

Rick

The airports were probably correct when constructed but some of the runway numbers and navaids change over time. Since Neil Hill is no longer with us I am not sure if someone else may be able to fix these ( We would need access to the original files). I have changed some airports I have done when Forum members have informed me of changes but there are too many to check on an ongoing basis.

Larry

Keeping track of all the freeware airports would be a full time job bud.....huge deal. But KMYF the ILS has the wrong frequency, and it's on the wrong runway. It's also in the KSAN scenery package.....I would think you would like to fix that :)

• 3 months later...

You should beable to use the free AFCAD editer called ADE to do this.. when i installed the Iceland demo the other day i noticed that BIKFs runways had changed due to mag var ... took just a few mins to update the runways and taxiway signs...might run into problems if the airport uses a texture file for its runway numbers but if the airport is based on default textures then you will be fine.

Archived