EGDD (EU) updated in P3Dv4?

I "flew" into Bicester (EGDD) today (but have done so "for real" many times ) and I see that the hangar and workshop areas are now covered by houses! Have I missed something in an update as I am sure that when when I last "simmed" it it had the old hangars still there with a yellow cub parked nearby. I recognise that,  here in Oxfordshire, as in many other places we are suffering the advance if huge housing estates, Bicester being one of those imposed as a new garden town, but I know that at present there is no intention of building on the airfield, The future after 2030 is at present uncertain , unlike Abingdon, my local , that will be covered by 4500 houses, starting in 2029 when it finally closes. 

As many of you may know, this is one of the very few untouched WW11 airfield still in use, with many of the original buildings standing,  albeit now a good few occupied by vintage car restorers and other similar trades, is very busy as a gliding field,  has many flying visitors throughout the year and one of the original hangars is till used for hangarage of G A aircraft.

If it has been "updated" recently then can we please have it back. Or perhaps someone in the community (I do not have the skills) would be prepared to render a more accurate resemblance with a few hangars and workshops . How is it looking on TEGB?

And before anyone asks ,yes, I did land at the correct airfield.

bobby

Hi Nick --thanks for the prompt response, and yes it is Orbx EU  England.

Your picture 1 is the one that I see but minus the hangars. The  taxi ways and standings  are in the equivalent positions but the spaces inside of them , filled with the hangars  in your Pic. 1 are empty in mine. I run everything as admin, start C 3 and make sure that the scenery is enabled  before opening P3D and load the Mooney stock for the starter before the A2A planes that I fly. I  have exited the sim and  gone through the procedure again but the hangers have not returned.

As far as I know I have done nothing to change anything in my set up which has been nice and stable for some 6 months now.

Any suggestions as to what the finger trouble may be or what I might do to get them to return? Delete cfg and restart?

The Google Earth one is the one I am more used to, (in RL) and fair to say, that the TEGB is a fair representation.

Hi Nick---Moving slider from dense to very dense fixed it, although I cannot recall any deficiencies in any  other scenery that I have which include most of ORBX EU stuff,  and West coast America. So surprised it affected stock default. I will look more closely at the others later

Feel a bit self plonkerish now!

I see, reading other parts of these forums, some are ready to have a pop at ORBX. (and sometimes I can appreciate their frustrations) but I have no complaints and find it one of the best to seek help and advice from. Important for me is that contributors seldom go off topic. Some others, by the time I get to the bottom of the page, I have forgotten what the original question was.

Thanks for your help. I will go and have another fly now.

Bobby

Archived