Problems Installing GB South SP1

Jackem

Because of the small SSD disk size where X-Plane 11 is installed, I used a second dummy X-Plane 11 folder on a large hard drive to perform the initial installation of ORBX GB South, following instruction posted elsewhere on this forum.  That system has worked well, but doesn't seem to work with the upgrade.

When I open up FX Central 3 to update GB South, I find that it recognizes that an update is available, and starts scanning the files.  The scan continues quite rapidly over a few minutes to 99%, but then restarts at 0%.  That's as far as it gets - the update just stops and nothing more happens.

Any idea of the problem?

(Second question, when is clunky old FTX Central 3 going to get its much-needed upgrade so that these workarounds involving dummy folders are no longer required?)

Glad to hear this, Nick. 

BTW, my installation problems have apparently resolved themselves.  After 15 minutes of nothing happening, with ORBX Central sitting on 0% scan, a window suddenly popped up stating the Central couldn't find scenery_packs.ini.  After copying that file over from my 'proper' X-Plane 11 folder to my 'dummy' X-Plane 11 folder with the GB South files, the installation resumed, and seems to have worked.  A quick flight over some English countryside appeared normal, and I assumed that this was the SP1 England I was flying over.  (Is there any way of checking for sure?)

Archived