Very poor Canberra Cityscape performance P3D4.4

Hi Folks,

I've recently moved to P3D from FSX-SE and I'm very much enjoying the experience. I have (I think) every Orbx product for Australia and routinely swanned my way around various parts of Australia within FSX. It has been a mostly painless experience migrating my Orbx products from FSX to P3D using FTX Central: the only problematic product is the Canberra Cityscape ... the stuttering is terrible. I'm very confident that it *is* the Canberra City scape producing the problem as I've completely removed and reinstalled P3D, then gradually reintroduced Orbx products individually; I can consistently reproduce the problem by installing the Canberra Cityscape. I do have Canberra Airport installed too and it runs perfectly without Canberra City scape installed.

I have a fairly recent PC: ryzen 2600 (at 4.1Ghz), Nvidia 1660Ti, 32G memory and P3D runs off a separate SSD so the performance of my PC isn't the issue. My frame rate is locked to 25Hz and the options I've selected within P3D are modest and work well with all other Orbx products. There is (ostensibly) something in Canberra City scape that is troubling my system. I have added an affinity mask to the cfg file but that's it!

Does anyone else have this experience? Any suggestions/help gratefully received. Thanks, Alex.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

Welcome to the forums

As far as I remember there are duplicated bgls when you use both products. You have to put some off. That could be the issue or part of it

I'll look for the post about it and will paste here for your guidance

Regards,

Carlos

Hi again

Here is the post about the bgls that required to be put off

Star by doing that and then test if performance has improved and report back. If it has not improved you should wait for an expert from Orbx to assist

Regards,

Carlos

• 7 months later...

Hi Carlous. Apologies that its taken me this long to reply to your response - I hadn't touched a flight sim since Mar but holidays gave me the opportunity to reacquaint myself with P3D. Ohhhhh it felt so good. I followed your advice but sadly it made no difference and the issue persisted. It got me wondering if my mix of Nvidia and AMD video cards was perhaps the issue - some sort of low level driver conflict? To that end, I bought an Nvidia RTX 2070 to replace the AMD video card and *BOOM* no more stutters. Problem solved. Regards, Alex

Archived