Compatability of TrueEarth Great Britain South & EU England

Hi,

Have just installed TrueEarth Great Britain South to P3D v 4.4 and, on going to one of my favourite airfields, I found that the airfield was overlaid by other scenery.

On checking in P3D/World, I found that as well as TrueEarth, EU England was also enabled. Once I disabled EU England, the airfield was uncovered and fitted in with the TrueEarth scenery around it .

This implies that any flight from the area covered by TrueEarth to parts of Great Britain (England) beyond TrueEarth GB South will lack the EU England scenery, if the latter is disabled.

Is there any way of making the two Orbx sceneries compatible?

I have TrueEarth higher in the scenery list than EU England, so it should supercede it - or am I asking too much?

Hello,

I see nothing wrong with EGDM with both TEGB and EU England active together.

The taxiways are not the best fit but otherwise it looks as I would expect.

The airport looks no different with EU England enabled as well or just in TEGB.

Can you show me what you are seeing please?

Hi Nick,

I've just reactivated the following files and, to my relief, it all looks OK - apart, as you say, for the taxiways.

ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY

ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_06_CVX

ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_07_MESH

ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_08_CUSTOM

Sorry to have troubled you, it must have been something else I had done the first time...

Mark

Hello Nick,

I've had another closer look at Boscombe Down and now see something I hadn't noticed before. There is a duplication of the runways as well as the blurring of the taxiways and also a few anomalous grey 'blobs'. 

I'll try and add a screenshot...

Regards,

Mark

1985419703_EGDMshowingduplicatedrunways_01.thumb.jpg.ae9402eac2829cb0976fbf93df9dc591.jpg

Hello Nick.

The duplicated runways, etc, only appear when I have activated an older version of EGDM before activating either TEGB or EU England.

In other words, the mistake was mine. Without the old version, as you say, TEGB and EU England fit together seamlessly.I had carried over that old version from FSX and P3D v.3 before adding the two Orbx sceneries...

Thanks for helping me solve the problem!

Regards,

Mark1076346412_EGDMwithoutEGDM-BoscombeDown_02.thumb.jpg.e2ac885e36073866841bd27985c4cb10.jpg

Archived