Install error for True Earth Great Britain South

TaggersM

Hi Nick and Mark

I have exactly the same error trying to set up TrueEarth Great Britain South. Please see error attached which only shows when I try and run X-Plane 11

I used FTX Central 3, downloaded and decompressed. I believe it was all done successfully. (please see attached)

As I had had this problem before, I stripped all programmes off my new PC related to X-Plane 11 and re-loaded. I tested X-Plane 11 before I loaded TrueEarth - worked. I then loaded my PA28 add on  - worked. 

The error only occurs after loading TrueEarth.

I am running PC, windows 10, intel i7 CPU @4.GHZ, 16, GB RAM. c: 256GB SSD, d: 1TB SATA drive. 

I have loaded X-Plane onto the c: drive and I am not quite sure where Orbx has ended up, whether c: or d: 

I appreciate owing to the file size of TrueEarth, I may need to put TrueEarth on the d: drive. 

I suspect this is the issue, but strangely can't really work out where TrueEarth is loaded on my PC

TrueEarth Error.PNG

TrueEarth Successful load.PNG

X Plane file structure 1.PNG

X Plane file structure 2.PNG

I have just cleared up all available disk space, re-ran the installer and let then entire  install complete and convert which took three hour. Unfortunately it has done exactly the same thing.  I am now verifying the files but not holding out much hope.

my word Mark - you are a genius, I did the same and it has worked, I ran the "check all files are valid" three times within FTX Central, and now it works. Very pleased, so big thank you. I had been sitting on this broken X-Plane and Orbx issue for months !

kind regards

Peter

PS I am learning to fly for real so I am quite interested to see what this terrain upgrade will do to the experience for practising navigation 

p

Archived