Accuracy of TE GB Locations

I'll start by saying this isn't a complaint as such, more a way of managing expectations.  I have TE GB (all of it, and a heap of other ORBX scenery for XP and P3D) and I am really enjoying flying around my local area. My house is clearly visible!

However, my most local airfield Tibenham in South Norfolk isn't represented in X-Plane, so I thought I'd have a go with WED and make a simple version of it, just for the lols really. It's pretty simple to do and I was careful to get the lat/long of each end of the runways spot on.

Once I loaded it into X-Plane I was a little disheartened to see that there were trees all over the runway (ok, maybe this is expected) but also the local village - which clearly isn't where it's supposed to be!

I guess what I'm asking is, although the photoreal scenery looks fantastic, is there any guarantee it's actually in the right (as in exact) position?

It's not the end of the world by any means, I'll just shift my airfield over a bit into an empty space and continue to enjoy it all.

I found your airfield, it doesn't look too bad.

The buildings are not hand placed, so there will always be some anomalies.

I am sure that you will be able to exclude them and add your own and of course

place the runways directly over the photo.:)

Archived