YMAV

capt sl

Hi

It appears there is an afcad issue at YMAV.  AI aircraft lands on R36 then taxis down the runway an exits at taxiway C, where it  contacts ATC to taxi to gate. ATC simply instructs to taxi to gate after which the aircraft disappears.

had this problem with original ymav and still with the sp3

Will do some testing later today or tomorrow. In the meantime, you may like to double check for a second APX. I believe Ultimate Traffic do add custom APX files for some airports so this would be worth a follow up.

You should also check that the parking code 'JST' has been included in the A320 aircraft file for the Jetstar variation.

I just had a look at the FTX APX for Avalon and it has a clear path from the runway via taxiway C to the two JST parking spots. Even if those two spots were in use, there are still a number of others that would accommodate the A320.

I've conducted a number of tests at YMAV over the past few days and cannot see any unusual activity with any arriving or departing aircraft.

The only reason I can think of for an aircraft to disappear after receiving parking instructions would be if the aircraft is directed to a parking spot which is not linked to any of the taxiways. Parking spots 16 and 17 are unlinked as they are set-up to accommodate the decommissioned Qantas aircraft at YMAV. I can't see how ATC would direct an aircraft to one of those.

I've removed one of those unlinked spots on the attached APX. Could you give that one a try and see if it fixes your problem. Just copy the file into your ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YMAV\Scenery folder. It is safe to overwrite your existing file if you wish but you must have the Avalon Airshow mode disabled if you have it installed.

That's the APX that shipped with the FTX YMAV airport pack (minus one parking spot) so I'm not sure what is going on here.

When you say YMAV is looking more like the default, what do you mean? Does it look like the various screenshots of YMAV throughout the forums and the FTX Product page? Perhaps a screenshot or two of what you are seeing would be helpful.

That is definitely not the APX I sent you. It looks more like the FSX default APX for Avalon.

Can you confirm the file I sent you is located in the ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YMAV\Scenery folder. If it is, then there is another one overriding it and I suspect it may be within your Ultimate Traffic pack. You will not have correct traffic movements until you remove it.

The FTX one will not be visible but will place centre lines and double edge lines down all the photoreal taxiways.

i downloaded the one from your post above.

with Ultimate traffic I dont actually have the program loaded with FSX as its not the FSX version. what i do is get the traffic.bgl file generated in UT (which is on another machine) then convert through Aifpc and place the converted file in my scenery folder.

as soon as i put the apx which youve provided I get the scenery issue .  remove it and put the previos one back and its normal again , very strange

Archived